How to get orders for t-shirts

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by workingmind, Jun 20, 2012.

1. workingmind

workingmind
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    Me and my designer friend have some idea about tshirts designs. We ordered some sample tshirts with our designs and my other friends loved those designs. We are planning to sell them in market.
    Cotton tshirts and printing on it costs less when we order them in bulk. I dont have much money to invest on it as of now.

What could be my strategy so i can get bulk orders from shops/Traders. I heared they do it on credit as they will pay me after my tshirts will be sold in market. Actually i am very new to all these.

Need your suggestions on how to go about this. How to get orders.

Thanks in advance :)

2. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi there! Welcome to Business Advice Forums! Well selling tshirts can be done online or offline. You can make a blog or a website just for taking orders although I'm not well-rounded on how you can assure that the buyer is legit. You can also spread the word to your friends and families so that you can have a viral impact on the tshirts you have. Posting a banner outside and print ads also can help you.

BTW can I ask you on how you do the printing process, I am quite interested because I too want a tshirt design and selling business. I have the designs but I don't know how to print and produce it so that I can sell it. You can just PM me for the answer. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Life_is_good

Life_is_good
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Try online shop selling, in China we use TaoBao, and in USA we use ebay

Good luck
    Errol

4. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As i know there is no such thing in market now, the best you can get is pay in term of installment, and you gotta know the supplier to get this kind of great offer. Since you are new in this line and you dont know any supplier, i suggest you first try on less quantity

5. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have also tried doing that. So far, I don't have any customers aside from my circle of friends.
    Have you tried Zazzle? You can add your designs there without even spending a single buck.

6. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Where are you located anyway? If you haven't tried yet, probably pinterest can be a good start. If not, you can make use of Facebook pages that you can create and there you can post and share the designs you have come up with. Leave with your contact numbers and also include your own TOS in terms of ordering and designing means.

7. workingmind

workingmind
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for reply , Currently i get my tshirt printed from one company who is printing by DTG printer. But if you want to print them urself then plastisol printing , vinyl printing and sublimation printing can be good option depending on demands. They all have their pros and cons. common technology is screen printing but it is costly for single or few tshirt orders. If you have order in bulk then screen printing is cheapest. Google them !! :)

i am from india... what is pinterest ?

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member