How to get more Twitter Followers

Discussion in 'Social Media for Business' started by youngkia1, Mar 3, 2011.

1. youngkia1

youngkia1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What is the best practice, techniques to gain more followers on twitter? I have a lot of following but i can't be able to get more followers. Any suggestion guys? Appreciate it much. Thanks.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Use Twitter Search to find people who are discussing topics relevant to your interests. Follow these people and engage them in conversations, tweet content that would be of interest to them and a lot of them will follow you back.

You can find more suggestions in the threads listed in the "Twitter & FaceBook" section of our Featured Sales & Marketing + Online Promotion & SEO Threads.

Good luck with it.

3. onlinemarketing

onlinemarketing
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

When we are talking about twitter then the first thing we need to figure out is who to follow. Following the right people on twitter is the key. Nice and informative content written here.

Thanks

4. mv5869

mv5869
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just follow as many people as you can and lots will follow you back.

If they don't then unfollow them after a week so you dont hit the 2000 max limit

5. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

2000 max limit for following people?

6. gigsforgurus

gigsforgurus
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First thing you should do is find people who have a similar type of target audience that you have. You can then go to Friend Or Follow and type in their username and find out which of that user's followers are mutual followers (this way, its more likely that they will follow you back).

You can then export the list of mutual followers of the user that you typed in. The ratio to look for of follower to following is about 1:1. These are the people who usually follow you right back. This method helps you gain targeted users that will follow back.

You can then go to sites like Tweepi and copy and paste your targeted list and add the users with a 1:1 ratio. Tweepi allows you to:
    - flush the unfollowers
    - follow new tweeps
    - reciprocate follows (follow back people who are following you)

This method worked for me, hope it works for you too!

7. Matt

Matt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The best way is to start following people that have the same interest of what you have. It would be pointless to follow someone that is interested in reading if you are doing something with graphics. You see, they are totally different topics. I know it may seem obvious but I have seen it happen a few times :p Don't do those things where sites will promise followers many followers and stuff like that. It will mainly give you bots which are useless.

8. GeeOne

GeeOne
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Have read at other thread, there are the sites (or tools) who offer this services, wanted to know they are advisable?

G!

9. onlinemarketing

onlinemarketing
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

Is this a right method to follow every one in twitter?

Thanks

10. gigsforgurus

gigsforgurus
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would not recommend following just anyone on twitter. There are a lot of bots out there that follow you and then unfollow you, right after you follow back. This creates a lot of work on your end, having to flush out the unfollowers. I would recommend you find people who actually tweet and people who you can connect with. You can also use the "recommended people" section.

11. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Once you follow 2,000 people Twitter restrict you to following only 10% more people, than you have followers. As an example, if you have 2,000 followers you can follow a max of 2,200 people. If you have 10,000 followers you can follow a max of 11,000 people. You can follow up to 2,000 people, even if no one follows you back.

12. Alex Jhon

Alex Jhon
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hi guys if you want to increase your followers on twitter do work on www.twiends.com its good

13. freelancemom

freelancemom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Like most things - a following takes time and hard work. Your tweets should be worthwhile and relevant to your niche. You should engage with the people who currently are following you, building a strong network. People will retweet things that are worthy and you'll gain the benefit of their network.

Similar to SEO -- traffic, or in this case, followers - doesn't mean conversions.

If you provide quality content and interaction, you'll find that your true following grows.

14. youngkia1

youngkia1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I see, I will try to check all your suggestions. Hope this will work with mine. I will update you guys with regards to this. Thanks.

15. jonathan10387

jonathan10387
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The best way is to search for the peoples in your niche and follow them as they may follow you back. Also there are many people who provide services like buying twitter followers. If you want then you can opt for that.

16. Cloudiply

Cloudiply
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I did this for my business and got my account suspended for what they deemed 'aggressive following'.

17. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That's the first time I heard of anyone being suspended from Twitter for 'aggressive following', did they send you an email with an explanation?

18. mikethomsun

mikethomsun
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

you should follow the every member of the twitter.

19. jonathan10387

jonathan10387
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No they actually started to do so to minimize spamming. Even they now don't allow new accounts to follow many people at one time. You can do it with time but not suddenly.

20. Andym

Andym
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Twiends is good but it gets you false followers. They are of no use at all.