How to get more customers for a new project

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by aanuarr, Oct 29, 2011.

1. aanuarr

aanuarr
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello everyone.

First of all my name is Jaouad and I am new here.
    I have started a new company. It’s a web designers company.
    I have no employees because I’d like to be my own boss and i am responsible for my own Success. One of the benefits is that I am in Charge of my own Income

All the projects are pretty mush small and simple web design projects.
    At the moment I am busy starting a new project. It’s a hosting project. All the website that my customers get, they can hosting it on my own servers.

The question that I worried about is how i supposed to get more customers for my company’s new project. I did some promotion in the beginning with advertisement on the internet and handed out some business cards. Furthermore I tried some advice of my friend because they also got a company but didn’t help me. Then I went to the library to find some information in books and find things about promotion. But again I’m stocked. I got no customers yet. So if someone have any ideas for me how start on this subject, please let me know.

I hope I’m clear about this subject an the question about it.

Thank U

2. DaveB

DaveB
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are looking for new customers I would advise signing up to all the major freelance sites you can find. Apply to as many web design jobs as you can handle and make business connections through these resources. There are people posting new jobs all day that need these types of services. Here are few sites to check out to get you started:

Elance
    Vworker
    Odesk

3. newsguy

newsguy
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Make sure that you have a page on your website that showcases the best websites that you've designed to date. Also ensure that your own website is as slick and professional as you can make it. Anyone thinking about hiring a web designer will first look at their website.

4. RedHelper

RedHelper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Make sure your site looks respectable and you've done everything about SEO, PPC and backlinks, then play with statistics. For example, check all the counters on your site like alexa, Li and so on. If there are enough visitors, but they aren't converted into customers(oh strange..) then something is wrong with the site itself... correct all common mistakes first (not enough or too much information, misspelling etc) and install some live chat system to quickly get into conversation with a visitor and persuade him to place an order. Good luck!

5. aarisindia

aarisindia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

- Word of mouth is one of the most powerful marketing tools.
    - Your customers will love you if you provide excellent service.
    - Use Social Networking
    - Approach Local Organizations.
    - Go out and meet people. while advertising can be effective, most people prefer to work with designers they have met and trust.
    - Use Classifieds, Forums and Message Boards.
    - Upload the portfolio on your website or burn it on a CD that you can send to clients on your first contact. Your past work will act as proof on the quality of your work.

6. aarisindia

aarisindia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

- Word of mouth is one of the most powerful marketing tools.
    - Your customers will love you if you provide excellent service.
    - Use Social Networking
    - Approach Local Organizations.
    - Go out and meet people. while advertising can be effective, most people prefer to work with designers they have met and trust.
    - Use Classifieds, Forums and Message Boards.
    - Upload the portfolio on your website or burn it on a CD that you can send to clients on your first contact. Your past work will act as proof on the quality of your work.

7. TestPilot1

TestPilot1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My thinking is along the same lines as DaveB of hitting the freelance sites. Go on these websites and try to contact site designers. I'm sure there are designers who would refer your hosting service to their clients esp if you offer a discount only given by these site designers. This gives the designers an added edge. I recently got a website set up, I don't know too much about html and hosting, but if the designer suggested a hosting company, I probably would have gone with it.

Add freelancer.com to your list of freelance sites.

Hope I'm able to help

8. jack123456

jack123456
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are looking for new clients I would recommend deciding upon up to all the significant free-lance websites you will find. Utilize to as many web style work as you can manage and make business associations through these options. There are people publishing new work all day that need these facilities. Here are few websites to have a look at out to get you began.

9. sonu

sonu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

sonu

hi
    My thinking is along the same lines as DaveB of hitting the freelance sites. Go on these websites and try to contact site designers. I'm sure there are designers who would refer your hosting service to their clients esp if you offer a discount only given by these site designers. This gives the designers an added edge.
    ----------------------
    alladsclassified

10. Addaneye123

Addaneye123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Create sure that you have a page on your web page that features the best internet sites that you've developed currently. Also make sure that your own web page is as smooth and professional as you makes it. Anyone thinking about selecting a web developer will first look at their web page.

11. Jessica1234

Jessica1234
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    As you have said that you are responsible for your work and success that means you are fully aware of all the work-flow. I think the best thing you can do to get more customers is, start a blog, make updates frequently like on daily basis, promote your business on social networking sites. Also, go for press release sites, there you can get organic traffic and leads.
    I think, this will definitely work for you.

All the best.

12. RevaxMedia

RevaxMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The trick is to build up traffic and then generate a good following which will naturally lead to leads and customers - you also need to optimise your landing pages in order to improve conversion from visitor to client.

13. Writing_Pad

Writing_Pad
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Since your starting your own business then you need to invest money right? Why not invest on man-power resource. Create a team that will help you promote your business and in return they can also help you with whatever projects you get from client. You don't need to worry about your employees and how they make use of their time, because there are ways on how to check your employees activities.

14. AliceNolan

AliceNolan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Develop your website and promote it at internet. Take it to the first page of google against your business keywords. I am sure that you will get some customers there.