How to get Beta users for your software?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by getlivechat, May 25, 2011.

1. getlivechat

getlivechat
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am looking to launch a new service (Live-Chat and Live-Call software) for business websites. I am looking for few beta users at the moment. I have a feature-rich control panel where businesses can sign-up.

I need good suggestions on how to get beta users (100-150/day) through online marketing.

I am getting a new website designed as we speak but even before I launch the service & website I would really like to get some feedback before I start selling it for a price.

At the moment I am getting 2-3 sign-ups/ day from what little e-mail marketing that I do currently but I would love to try something substantial and a long-term strategy.

PS: I am currently giving out 1 year free license with advanced functionality and unlimited usage to beta users.

#1 getlivechat, May 25, 2011
    Last edited: May 25, 2011
  2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

You could try running a contest for your beta testers, enter them all into a draw at the end of the beta testing period and give a good prize to the winner. The contest will encourage people to sign up.

Try some kind of referral programme where by you encourage users of your product to tell others about it, you could even offer them some kind of reward for everyone they refer.