How to get back my 791MB of documents?

Discussion in 'Computer Questions, Issues & Security' started by Hele000n, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Hele000n

Hele000n
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have a WD hard drive that I have bought it for a year around. It has been working perfectly all the time. While putting it to my computer several minutes ago, it seemed stop working. I was asked format it before using. But, I don’t want to format it since I hate losing 791MB of documents there. So, how could I get these documents back without formatting? Help!

2. 0Chatty00

0Chatty00
    uix_expand uix_collapse

All right! You are absolutely right! The formatting process always make thing worse and increase the difficulty of complete data recovery.

So, you should never format it before you are ready to retrieve your data.

But, right now, in order to get back your 791MB of documents, you need a hard drive data recovery program. There are many data recovery freeware that could help the use scan his drive carefully and retrieve these scanned drive easily, such as Recuva, TestDisk and iCare Data Recovery Free, etc.

Note: Before you’ve restored all these documents back, you’d better not save anything new on this drive in case of data loss.

After the data recovery process, you also could try to format this drive for fixing its problem.

3. 52Nell76

52Nell76
    uix_expand uix_collapse

OK! Thank you for your answer.
    In order to get back my documents there, I have directly downloaded your recommended data recovery freeware. They all are great for me, especially the last one that eventually retrieve all my needed documents back.
    Thank you for your nice help!

4. carloborja

carloborja
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Also, at this point maybe it is worth considering going for an online (or cloud) storage service like Dropbox or Copy?

The free ones they are offering are already decent for your needs. Dropbox starts at 5GB free and Copy at 15GB. You can save all your files there. It should save you from all the hassle of experiencing these kind of things with physical hard drives.