how to get a project online?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by davin.master, Jul 24, 2009.

1. davin.master

davin.master
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

Dear friend i am working in a IT company but i want to start my own work for more money and my family dreams so how can i get a project for money plz tell me in brief and give a guide.

Your suggestion and help will be appreciated.

Thanks

2. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Davin. Looking at your signature, I would believe that you're already offering your services for web design. You might also want to try and visit the many freelance websites and try your hand at freelancing.

3. ZakShow

ZakShow
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What do you mean by a project online? Are you looking for work online, freelance? If you mean you want a business online, the link in your sig in an online business, you just need to work more on it in order to improve it..

4. davin.master

davin.master
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

Nazreen thanks for your suggestion but tell me plz how to take a project from a freelancer and what formalities i have to done for a project from there, plz tell me and explain it step by step,

i will appreciate your help.

thanks a lot.

5. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I haven't been a freelancer myself but I guess the first step is to visit the many freelance sites. We have a list of these sites in our Useful Online Business Resources thread.

I've visited some of these sites myself and saw that there were a lot of jobs there ranging from data entry jobs to web design. Most of the freelance sites require you to bid for the project.

6. pendelton

pendelton
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

There are several areas in which one can work for themselves online, the various niches available to people online number in the thousands easily.

For example, have you thought about designing sites and selling them, aka site flipping?

7. davin.master

davin.master
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hi,

what's aka site flipping plz explain me in brief and is it a site for project, is't.

8. junglekid

junglekid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

davin.master, pendelton's suggestion for website flipping is this: you buy a domain name, build a website with content and then sell the whole package.

By your signature I understand you already have your own website. Unfortunately it seems to be off line, at least I couldn't access any of them.

If you already have a website, here are some ideas:

1. Offer a free website template in exchange for your visitors email address; you will build a list of potential customers this way.
    2. Offer your services through internet marketing/webmasters forums like DP and others.
    3. Register at various outsourcing sites like elance.com, guru.com, etc.
    4. Post ads on free online classified ad sites and also on local classified ads.
    5. Exchange links with related websites.
    6. Write a few articles about web design and publish them on ezinearticles.com with a link to your website.
    7. If you don't have it yet, launch a blog and post articles about the theme.
    8. Build a hub at HubPages or a lens at Squidoo with links to your blog or website.

I think this will help you get customers.

9. DEADMAN

DEADMAN
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To be very specific, go to - http://elance.com - I believe this place fits for your skills. Glad to know you work under IT company. Also, try googling about "freelancer", you'll know about.

If you've your own website, try to advertise it. Provide Quality web design for cheap and reliable price. Try through blogging, forum, signatures, social-networking and even websites.

#9 DEADMAN, Jul 29, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2009
  10. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

davin, can you please tell us a little more about the type of project you would like to get online - are you considering earning money from selling ad space, affiliate products or offering a service?

11. phillips

phillips
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You create a attractive and good looking profile on freelance site and keep on watch how it works.

12. Rasha

Rasha
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I can tell you what to do because I'm a freelancer and I have done many projects.
    go to www.getafreelancer.com
    then open a free account. In your account profile, you can determine the areas that you want to work with. After that, go to browse projects, choose the projects that you want to work with. Open them and start reading. When you like a project and you want to work with it, you need to bid for it ( put the price that you want to get paid) some projects pay after the end of the project and others pay for hour, etc.
    Then click on bid on this project, add the price you want, how many days until you finish the project and write a small message to make the employer choose you. Mostly, the lower the price you bid the more you will be chosen.
    You may be contacted by the employer to know more information before he choose his employee. When you are chosen , do your job and get paid
    That's it but if you need any more details please don't hesitate to ask me because it took me a long time to get it all right because I did it all alone and there was no one to help me.

13. rajni

rajni
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wow, a really great advice and good site. I really appreciate this. I am looking for also some SEO projects.

14. stevenricherd

stevenricherd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks Rasha for that wonderful advice, yes it is the right procedure to followed by the people who want to work independently, just go for the freelancer sites,and get register on it.You can choose work which you feel can be possible for you.

15. timpane

timpane
    uix_expand uix_collapse

thanks for your proposal but notify me plz how to take a task from a freelancer and what formalities i have to finished for a task from there, plz notify me and interpret it step by step

16. Maksud Rhaman

Maksud Rhaman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Okay you can make a profile at Elance.com or odesk.com them you will found huge project

Thanks

17. Casey

Casey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

ok, almost 2 years... And yes, you can try freelancing sites, or you could turn to Internet Marketing, but be prepapred, the competiotion is unbelievable!

18. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

19. Sabrina

Sabrina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hei junglekid, thanks for sharing.

20. jorden.william85

jorden.william85
    uix_expand uix_collapse

project4hire or many sites are available get a online project but bidding is most important.