How to fix a slow computer problem

Discussion in 'Articles & Tutorials' started by Dioy, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Dioy

Dioy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It heppens to most of us, one day your computer seems to be slower than usual to open any applications or start up. A slow computer is very annoyed. Here i will give some practical tips for you to fix a slow computer problem.

How to fix a slow computer efficiently

Every issue that occurs in the system affects your PC’s speed and performance to the great extent. This is why the Slow PC issue can be occurred very frequently. If you are encountering the frequent slow PC problem with your machine here are the things you can try:

1. Delete Temporary Files

Delete Temporary files from your computer and make some space available in your hard drive, make sure your hard drive always has some space, this helped me to speed up my PC performance to a great extent. You may also use a reliable PC cleaner program to clean such data. in it and try to do disk clean up once in a while and remove unnecessary junk files that are eating up your disk space.

2. Uninstall Unneeded Programs and Stop unnecessary applications to run when your Computer boots up
    Uninstall all the unwanted and unused software from your computer which is of no use to your system. Besides, Stop unnecessary applications to run when your computer boots up, press the windows key and R then,a dialog box will open up, type msconfig and hit enter. Go to the start up tab and then uncheck the programs that you do not use at the start up of your computer

3.Hard drive defragmentation.

Remember try to defragment your computers hard drive every 3 months which helps you do get rid of all the unnecessary files and also keeps you hard drive in good shape.To launch defragmenter go to start menu and type defragmenter and then defragment your hard drive.

4. Scan for Viruses, Spyware

One of the most common reasons for a computer running slow is that your pc has been infected with some nasty virus and it is duplicating and/or using up the resources of your computer. Spyware and Adware are programs created by companies to find out more information about customers, so they can better market products to them. Run anti-virus software to scan for your computer to see if it has been infected with any spy ware or a virus.
    5. Install windows updates

Windows updates are required to keep your system healthy and protected against various kinds of threats. Sometimes their are security updates or bug fixes that are necessary for your operating system to function properly .It is advisable to update your OS manually ,as we need to avoid unnecessary updates.

Why my computer is slow? Now you must learn the cause and how to fix the problem. In order to improve your computer performance, you can find a good Registry Cleaner to protect your pc, it can help you speed up computer in secends.

2. schumannrober

schumannrober
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for your informative article, I will appreciate your information.

3. MarcoAntonio

MarcoAntonio
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am currently using CCleaner.com. It really works great! :)

4. mbitsol

mbitsol
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I use Auslogics BoostSpeed its easy fast and saves my time

5. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Adding RAM is also a big help to make your computer works faster.

6. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Beside adding ram, reformatting is one of the best way to speed up computer. When a room is full with items, no matter how you arrange it, it still cant help much.

7. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My experience with defragmenting my computer is horrible because most of my files got allocated somewhere and some of my applications don't run anymore. But according to a friend of mine, defragmenting your computer is needed whenever you installed, moved, copy, etc in your computer. In his explanation, he also said something about how the files in my application is being splitted and if the program noticed that the file is bad it'll go to the bad sector of your hard disk.

8. Host.co.in

Host.co.in
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ask him/her that is there any way to clean this bad sector of hard disk? I hope there should be someway to do this.

9. presley6418

presley6418
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Causes and Solutions. For a quick fix to a slow computer problem, try the following