How to find the sites which gives do follow back links?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by shrikantha, May 8, 2017.

1. shrikantha

shrikantha
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Please tell me how to find the sites which gives do follow back links. However, if i search in Google like "list of do follow sites" i will get plenty of sites. But i want to research on my own and need to pick up best of the best sites. Is there any technique or formula or any other method?. Hope i will get effective answers from you, because me and most of my friends facing the same problem to find do follow niche sites.

Thank you!!

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

As you have already discovered, searching for a "list of do-follow sites" is not an effective way of obtaining backlinks. That should tell you that asking for a "list of do-follow sites" should bring you the same results - a list that is too big to be effective. The problem is that you are asking the wrong question. What you need to do is determine what keywords are best to rank for, then use a tool like Semrush or Ahrefs to determine where the best ranking sites are getting their links from. That's where you need to get your links from. You're also going to want to write articles and blog posts, then share them on social media, to get even more links.

3. shrikantha

shrikantha
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Dear joseph, actually I don't want to use any tools to analyze backlinks. I want to search manually so I can gain a good knowledge of SEO and I can guide other people about SEO like you. Please tell me the way of finding such sites without using any tools.

4. Eleena

Eleena
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You have to find the do follow sites from Google only, but one thing you can do is analyzing the website well. Before using any of the website you should have to check it's URL ranking, domain authority and if needed then page authority as well. You have to judge yourself to see the difference.

5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

With all due respect, you cannot gain "a good knowledge off SEO" simply by doing manual searches. You also cannot "guide other people about SEO like (me)" without using any tools. Even people who have much more knowledge of SEO than I do use tools to help them discover what may need to be done, and the best way to do it.. I once told another member that it serves no useful purpose to ask for advice, then tell the person who gives you the advice that you don't want to do what they tell you, and ask them how to do what you want to do, especially if what you want to do is wrong. Searching for sites that provide do follow links is the wrong way to go about it, so you and "most of (your) friends" should stop doing it, learn how to do SEO properly.

No, he doesn't. As I told him in my previous post, obtaining backlinks by looking for websites that provide do-follow links is the wrong way to go about it. What he should be doing is using sites like SEMrush and Ahrefs to find out what keywords his competitors are using and where they getting them from. You are right, however, when you say he should check the ranking and authority of the websites his competitors are getting links from.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Eleena

Eleena
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes I am agree with you but Google itself also can be a good source of searching as well as getting do-follow backlinks. And to check whether the site is dofollow or not some extensions/seo toolbars can be used like Moz tool bar. I was just suggesting that to him.

7. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

The Moz tool bar is a tool, and the OP has already said he doesn't want to use tools. He thinks he can find sites that give do-follow backlinks simply by searching Google. As I already told him in a previous post, finding possible backlink sources simply by searching Google, or "searching Google only" as you suggested, is not effective. This was the part of your post I disagreed with. We both suggested tools, like the Moz tool bar, Semrush, and Ahrefs to "check the ranking and authority of ...websites", and this I agree with. But when he uses tools, he needs to use them properly, not just to do what he wants.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Samrockzz

Samrockzz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I generally search for do follow backlinks giving sites by searching in Google along with my "NICHE" That is like if my niche is web development then I will search like "do follow tech bookmarking sites" or if my NICHE is like fashion then I will search like "do follow fashion bookmarking sites" then I am getting quite handsome results and gaining some authoritative backlinks also already.

9. Donna M. Brown

Donna M. Brown
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can follow these techniques:
    (1) You can Search manually list of do follow sites and then check all sites individually that they are do follow are no follow using tools .

OR

*. Find niche sites on similarweb
    *. Then use checklinkpopularity(.)com for see back links of related sites
    *. There you can find dofollow and no follow links

10. joy.linford

joy.linford
    uix_expand uix_collapse

instead of looking for do-follow links, you should focus on long tail keywords and do a deep competitor analyze. You need to check your competitor's backlinks and try to create the same backlinks for your websites.

11. vamert

vamert
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I suggest to write a quality content that you think will get you a lots of share via social media. Do some experiment with one page, advertise it on facebook. If you got about 50 share on that, search for the keyword you use, for sure that page will rank on search engine. But please choose only low competition keyword .. working with a high competition you need another seo technique...

12. hrishivardhan

hrishivardhan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Agree on that. I always check the site through the ahrefs. because now a days people using expire domain and they have some spammy work on it. SO I always check that is site good or not after that I check it is giving dofollow or nofollow liniks.

13. Smith-K

Smith-K
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Is there a thing called no-follow and do-follow these days?

I normally tend to focus on getting a mix of both. Also, if you are thinking of getting do-follow links from blog comments then forget it as getting such links is very hard these days as almost all the blogs have been spammed to death.

• Like Like x 2
  14. cheta

cheta
    uix_expand uix_collapse

And apart from getting spammed to death, most webmasters have become wiser by putting restrictions to moderate the blog comments and links that person put into for the sake of getting backlinks from the blogs.

15. Smith-K

Smith-K
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes this is something that I have been noticing lately. A friend of mine still to this day does a lot of blog commenting but what he found is that most of the blogs allow blog comments but the moment you post a comment they are nowhere to be seen.

16. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I wonder about the quality of your friend's blog comments. If he "does a lot of blog commenting" he is probably doing it primarily to obtain links, which is not what most blog writers want. That's why they disappear. These are low quality links anyway, which Google doesn't like, either. He should stop blog commenting and do what he should be doing - writing blogs and articles himself, showing his expertise and sharing his knowledge.

17. andreausa

andreausa
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Open the link, right click on any empty space on the page, then select the inspect option. In Chrome by default “inspect element” is a context menu item. In Firefox the same is true, and other browsers generally have either a web developer console or a “view source” option. If you can’t inspect an element directly, you can view the source code of the entire page and search through it to find the specific link with specific anchor text you’re trying to locate.

A link will start with “<a” and will have a few different possible parameters. The “href” is the hyperlink reference, and is the destination of the link. What you’re looking for, though, is “rel”. The “rel” parameter is the “relationship” between your page and the page being linked. This can show up in a link to a CSS file for the page, but the only parameter you actually care about is “nofollow”. If it says “rel=”nofollow”” it means the link is not followed. If no such tag exists, or if one of the other possible parameter exists, the link is likely followed.

• Like Like x 1
  18. shrikantha

shrikantha
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Awesome.... I was looking for this answer since 1.5 years. Finally, I got it. I want to follow you on twitter, FB, or any other profile. Please ping me your ID to follow you.

19. Rohit B

Rohit B
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can find out these sites on google by typing Dofollow SItes for Article or Blog or any other Off page activity. After Posting a link on these sites you can check either link is dofollow or not by inspecting on the link.