How to find out the reason of the slow loading time of our website?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by kpkarthik, Jul 9, 2014.

1. kpkarthik

kpkarthik
    uix_expand uix_collapse

From the past few days my website has more loading time while open the home page URL.I am losing some amount of traffic due to this high loading time problems.How to find out the reason of the slow loading time of our website?

2. alisesdigs

alisesdigs
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Make sure your server has the hardware specs to handle the current workload. If you don't have the specs, you may want to consider an upgrade or moving to another server if it's hosted outside.

3. Kevin Peter

Kevin Peter
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Did you check the website speed on Google page speed insights or pingdom?

Not following best practices - javascript issues related to 3rd party APIs, loading multiple versions of jquery?
    Using Shared web hosting?
    Did you try server optimization?
    Do you have website comments open for public? if then, have it go for moderation before getting published.
    Messed up image handling? have all your web photos photoshop to reduce file size.
    Remove unwanted widgets and plugins from your CMS
    Have all external CSS first. Then include all the external javascript that runs on your site.

4. ellisthomas86

ellisthomas86
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Check out if you have high capacity files on the web pages of your website. second might be the internal CSS on the web pages. Check out for the javascript files as well if any that could make the web page heave. One more important thing is which platform your website is built because once upon a time I had a website developed in drupal CMS which was almost kind of heavy tool. Later stage I changed it to Joomla and all the static pages, I made with simple HTML & CSS.

5. chad23

chad23
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are different reasons of the slow loading time of the website, such as extremely large or non-optimized graphics and database, the huge number of calls to external websites, for example YouTube, twitter, facebook and other. Maybe there are some technical problems with your internet provider.

6. manishsqrt

manishsqrt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think this type of problem is mainly from the server.Talk to your web host.I also faced similar problems for last few days, but after i complained to my web host it got fixed on its own.Though they took a lot of time for it and they were also very poor in communicating the issue with me.

7. chrisjohn93

chrisjohn93
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Large size images takes time to upload and download. If your website contains high quality and high size image. So using low size high Quality imgaes

8. sulbha

sulbha
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

You can see your site speed using Pingdom also in this you can able to find which page of your site taking more time to load or which page having more size so try to optimize those pages also check the images size if you have images.

9. bonjoseph85

bonjoseph85
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The best option to check page load speed is Google page load speed analysis tool. It will give you all the details that why your page load speed is slow.