How to find discussions on Twitter to join?

Discussion in 'Social Media for Business' started by BlogMarketingTip, Jul 19, 2013.

1. BlogMarketingTip

BlogMarketingTip
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've started using Twitter recently. It seems to be a decent social media platform but I don't find a way to find any discussion there to join and participate. Don't people discuss anything there? Just post their promotional tweets everywhere? I've tried the Twitter Search, hash tags and looked through the profiles of the most famous people relevant to my business for any sign of communication but there's only endless spam. What do you do to start or find a conversation to meet new people to make them your followers?

2. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Try using a site like whatthetrend. You might be able to find out what's new and can participate. It does take time initially to get those followers. But don't stop tweeting ;)

3. singhabhishek251

singhabhishek251
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I find Twitter as a complete waste of time for any new businesses because usually they will not have followers and it is very difficult to get them as well. I find Facebook more reliable than any other social media platform. Twitter is good for celebrities not for business. I have not found at-least a single advantage for using Twitter over Facebook.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

You could use Twitter Search to find discussions that are of interest to you. Another option would be to start following the top people in the topics that interest you. Most of those people will probably be engaged in meaningful conversation, rather than continuous self-promotion.

• Like Like x 1
  5. RH-Calvin

RH-Calvin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Simply use https://twitter.com/search-home and add the discussion keyword in the Text box, you'll see various types of discussion going on there after searching with proper keyword. Also follow niche related members there so you can directly discuss with them related to your topic.

Regards,
    Calvin

6. abhi_garg

abhi_garg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm not a fan of Twitter even I use it for company profile no for personal use the reason is "NO INTEREST" I use FB for person things because most of my friend are there. any ways you can use the search field to find discussion on twitter or even you ask anyone by taging them .. like #BlogMarketingTip, asked how to use twitter in BAF

I apologize if anything wrong

7. Constantin

Constantin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is OK if you start a conversation. Simply reply to some of the tweets. Among the benefits you will have from this I would mention: the other account's owner may notice you and retweet your posts / follow you / mention you in his tweets and, even better, his followers will see your reply (so, some of them may check on your account and follow you, as well).

Regarding the results you may have from using twitter - do not judge only by the engagement you have on your page, but by the traffic sent to your website. See what Google Analytics says, how many visits you get from this platform. I do administrate about 15 twitter accounts right now and from every tweet that has a link to a website I get an average of 3 visits for every thousand of followers (for example, if I have 3000 followers, I will get about 9-10 visits, on average, for each tweet that has a link). People will not engage all the time on your page, but they will click on your link, especially if you make them curious :).

I wrote an article, a while ago, about how to get targeted twitter followers fast, that you may find useful:

http://socialmediadevelopment.co.uk...hundred-targeted-twitter-followers-each-week/

I shared it on LinkedIn (on social media groups) at the time and I received quite a lot of "thank you" comments from people that tried this method.

• Like Like x 2
  8. altcom

altcom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is pointless to keep finding twitter group for continuous self-promotion, because it does not generate public benefit for public visitors and community. The fundamental to success in twitter on any community portal are building self reputation; if you never earn reputation from BAF members, I can expected you hardly success in Twitter.