How to Find A Profitable Niche?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by kheni, Dec 9, 2011.

1. kheni

kheni
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Getting started online begins with finding a profitable niche. Business begins with a niche. You got to find out the specific market that people are willing to spend money. If you can find what people are hungry then you sure to succeed.

Here are the two (of the four) simple methods to discover the niche that you would like to position yourself:

1. The Dummies Store.
    I do hope that you have heard of Books for Dummies that are in huge demand. Google ‘dummies’ and you will come across their website. Spend few minutes to see the books that are available in the website. What you are interested here is the title of the books. There are books for subjects that you would have not even thought of. And if there are books being sold there is a potential market out there. You just have to get involved.

The next step is to find out the monthly searches using any of the title of the books that you find it interesting(use Google keyword tool). The search must be over 3000, that is about 100 searches daily.

2. Discovery Keyword.
    Discovery Keyword means words that people type in Google looking for solution. They are usually solution oriented words. For example, How to fix a mobile, how to buy a laptop etc. These searches are often buyers or potential buyers.

Go to Google keyword tool and type ‘how to’ and you fill results that will amaze you. Use those results to come up with newsletters, products or services that will be of value to them. If they like what you are providing they will surely buy from you in the days to come.

There are two more methods that I would like to share but I would do that in the next thread. I do not want my post to be too long. I don’t like reading long posts and there are many who are just like me.

Do what you have just learnt so that it stays with you.

Thanks
    To Your Success
    Kheni.

2. Navida

Navida
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is not so hard to find a niche market. You have to allocate your resources and focus on market where you want to start your business. If there is not any competitor then it will be the most feasible place for you. If you have not any idea about business then you have to visit "dailytrader.com" and "businessideas.com" to take better solution of your query.

3. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

4. DaveB

DaveB
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Another thing you can do is monitor "Google Trends" and see what is popular and build niches off of that. You can also monitor Twitter and see what subjects are Tweeted the most about and find a niche that way (Twitterfall I think is a good one). Its also smart just to look around into your own daily life and find inspiration from your needs and wants. A lot of people are good at noticing trends and starting really solid niche markets off there early finds. It takes work and practice. Keep searching and use the forums as the great business tools that they are.

5. DeniseTaylor

DeniseTaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One issue with "profitable" niches is competition. Everybody is looking for the biggest money makers out there and believe me, there are enough people on the Net who are looking. Given time, they will find it. The problem with that is, too much competition can make it impossible to be found. Relying on Adwords to drive traffic will cost $$$ in a money-making niche (again, the competition).

However, if someone really knows and loves a niche that also happens to be profitable, he/she stands a chance at winning that niche because:

Panda (Google's latest algo change) is about quality and originality.

Someone who is going to go after the same niche as thousands of others and throw up paraphrased content won't see the light of day.

The best approach to finding a niche is looking for topics you know and love (have a passion for), then take each of those topics and research monetization options and weight that against competition.

6. kheni

kheni
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your idea is new to me. I have added one more niche finding method into my list.

Thank you.

Kheni

7. kheni

kheni
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You are right. But sometimes what we love and have a passion cannot make us money.

There is more to online business than just knowing our passion. But I do know some who are earning good fortune doing what they
    love.
    Thanks for your advice.
    Kheni

8. aryan8111

aryan8111
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do whatever but do with enjoyment and fun If you love to do it ... money will come from all doors.

9. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi thanks for your post it is really a good idea.Finding a profitable Niche is really good,This one can help me in implementing business plans.

10. kheni

kheni
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You are welcome...

Are you currently involved in internet Marketing?

Kheni

11. Missnancyalex

Missnancyalex
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Finding a Profitable Niche is not an easy task. Game starts when we find a profitable niche because every profitable niche has lot of competition. It’s hard to compete with industry giant.