How to establish "individual" websites on a VPS host?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by songa, Nov 26, 2013.

1. songa

songa
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would like to host multiple websites on a virtual private server. However, these websites should not be connected to each other from a search engines point of view.
    Could I do this by just using unique IP's for each website, or are there any other links that show that the websites are connected (other than fact that they would all be hosted by the same company)?
    I am also concerned that the sites would have a similar IP and could be linked to each other because of their "IP neighbourhood".

Thanks for any input!

2. erictwendell

erictwendell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well that depends upon the applications, required resources,visitor patterns, etc. In general I'd say if you don't have the expertise - prefer scalable hosting solutions or managed dedicated servers (which can be bit expensive, but cheaper if you require very high availability). Personally I am the owner of an IT company and we are host 3 websites at our VPS and generally it is very easy to manage manually (after all it is Windows Server, you have GUI and PowerShell). That is until you hit a problem or someone hacks you.

3. austingriggs

austingriggs
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah you are right. Songa you can always use free or paid DNS services or install OpenDNS on your VPS server (not recommended). Your VPS hoster might be providing DNS servers, ask them.
    Anyways alll the best !!

4. zeropid

zeropid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

IP address is not considered by search engines. Just use different domains and unique content, it will be enough

5. vjproduction

vjproduction
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think you don't need to worry about the same IPs at all ;)