How to Erase Everything on iPhone Completely

Discussion in 'Smartphones & Other Devices' started by polpo, May 27, 2015.

1. polpo

polpo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

iPhone device keeps updating. Now the newly released iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus have gain favor of most of the Apple fans. In order to switch from old iPhone to the new one, you may sell your old devices or deal with them in other ways. Before selling your iPhone 4/4s/5/5s, don't forget to wipe your iPhone Data. There must be stored lots of private information in your old iPhone, so in order to avoide surrenderring personal information, you need learn how to Erase Everything on iPhone Completely .

User Guide: Permanently Wipe All iPhone Data Before Selling

Step 1: Link iPhone to Computer and Launch the Program

Firstly, you need download, install the Windows/Mac version and open this program on computer. Then connect your iPhone device to PC via a USB cable.

Step 2. Select the right Security Level and Begin to Erase Data

Choose security levels according to your need. Then press the "Start" option, the program will start to clear your iPhone device immediately.

[​IMG]

You can use this iPhone data eraser, there are some iPhone data eraser software in the market, but few can be completely and permanently delete the data on iPhone, even if data has been cleared, some professional iPhone data recovery software can recover them later.

more:
    http://www.erase-iphone.com/tips/delete-iphone-data-without-restore.html

2. abhi_garg

abhi_garg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wow...it's so easy... Does it really works & will it also work for I phone 4s.

3. Eva green

Eva green
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i am impress I phone 4s. but recently i am use other brand ..

4. ellisthomas86

ellisthomas86
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Amazing. I have never thought of this idea of erasing the data while selling out the phone to any one else. Just a quick question like is it going to work in android phones as well. If not is there any tool that supports erasing android information as well?

5. avillasage

avillasage
    uix_expand uix_collapse

1. Back up your device.
    2. Sign out of iCloud:

- Tap Settings > iCloud, scroll down, and tap Sign Out. In iOS 7 or earlier, tap Delete Account.
    - Tap Sign Out again, tap Delete from My iPhone, then enter your password.

3. Go to Settings > General > Reset, then tap Erase All Content and Settings.

- This will completely erase your device, including any credit or debit cards you added for Apple Pay and any photos, contacts, music, or apps. It will also turn off iCloud, iMessage, FaceTime, Game Center, and other services.
    - If you're using iOS 7 or later and have Find My iPhone turned on, your Apple ID and password will be required. After you provide your password, the device will be erased and removed from your account so that the next owner can activate it.
    - Your content won't be deleted from iCloud when you erase your device.

4.Contact your carrier for guidance on transferring service to the new owner. If you aren't using a SIM-card with your device, you can contact them to get help transferring service to the new owner.

Source: https://support.apple.com/en-ph/HT201351

6. Jkolaakk

Jkolaakk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can erase everything on iphone with Coolmuster iOS Eraser
    1. Connect iPhone on pc with USB cable
    2. Launch Coolmuster iOS Eraser
    3. Scan all iphone all data on computer
    4. Select the data to delete
    5. Click “delete”,you can delete iphone data.

#6 Jkolaakk, Jul 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  7. Robert01

Robert01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's easy. First you need to log you out from apple ID and icloud. Then go to General Settings, then Reset, then Erase All Content and Settings. Bingo, you got fresh iPhone.

8. tsubibo

tsubibo
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Are those really reliable? I know some people can recover what has been deleted.

9. polpo

polpo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

10. m0n2k

m0n2k
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is great I hope they have this for androids too. If they have this for androids I need to get it. I always thought that all you had to do was reset the phone to factory. I thought that if you reset the phone back to factory settings and erased all data, that would reformat the phone. This is good to know, thanks for the info.

11. chanleen

chanleen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

12. SF Best Limousine

SF Best Limousine
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I never thought that there is a way to erase all the datas on iphone.. This is actually the reason why I am not using iphone..

13. Alexander772

Alexander772
    uix_expand uix_collapse

1. Make sure you are on the screen that holds your Settings icon. That is the icon with gears pictured in it. Touch the Settings icon.
    2. In the Settings menu, touch the line that says General. It also has a picture of gears.
    3. Scroll down the General page and you will see a line that says Reset. Select Reset.
    4. This screen will show you several options you can reset including setting, home screen, keyboard dictionary, network settings and location warning. However, to erase all data, you will select the line that says Erase All Content and Settings. When you select it, a box will pop up with a red button saying Erase iPhone. There is also a warning saying it will delete all media and data and will take up to an hour. Touch the red button and your iPhone will format itself back to factory settings.

14. Alexander772

Alexander772
    uix_expand uix_collapse

can I use it to erase my call history from iPhone 5?

#14 Alexander772, May 19, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2016
  15. Edgestra

Edgestra
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can just do a factory reset. Your phone wlll simply delete the old user file system and it's corresponding encryption keys. Afterwards there is literally NO way to recover data once those encryption keys are overwritten. (and don't start with the FBI unlocking an older version of the iPhone in which data had not been erased nor the encryption keys been overwritten)

16. Xkoiul

Xkoiul
    uix_expand uix_collapse

very useful, thanks

17. Xkoiul

Xkoiul
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Now here is tools for Android: Android Mobile Eraser