How to enhance a company's procedures *to eliminate bottlenecks?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Economist, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Economist

Economist
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have a couple of questions that I don't know who else I could ask them but you. I have been asked these questions from an interviewer's side, I really didn't know how to answer them properly. I really appreciate any advice that you can offer regarding knowing more about them and answering them as well. I'll be posting everyone of them in separated post.

The question:

How to enhance a company's procedures *to eliminate bottlenecks.

Thank you,

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Have you any particular types of "bottleneck" in mind - e.g. manufacturing bottlenecks, sales bottlenecks or bureaucracy bottlenecks?

3. Economist

Economist
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you Mr. Fegral for your reply.
    I've came to know from the interviewer that the company needs to penetrate new markets in both Egypt and outside Egypt, design new products, and restructuring the company's structure and this is the reason behind recruiting new candidates. I believe that this is the problem when it comes to the company. In this case, what should one do

4. farmtotable

farmtotable
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I thought about this question most of the day at work. I keep thinking about “5S” but I don't think that would be what they want.

But I will take a wild guess.

When I think about it they might want to hear something like identify what part of the process has the issue, learn about the processes before and after the issue, talk the the workers that are involved in the processes, and work with operators, technical, and quality work through the issues.

I would also guess that part of the issue is a lack of communication...

#4 farmtotable, Feb 15, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  5. jcworlditsme

jcworlditsme
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My advice would be to see what competitors are doing that keeps them ahead of everyone else.

6. Economist

Economist
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you Mr. Farmtotable for your beneficial reply.
    Mr. Farmtotable, Onetime I found that our production team wasn't producing the product as it should be produced (We were needing a product to live up to our and our client's expectations for it) and this where I come in in where, I talked to them, giving them more insights about the project and its importance and its scope. I'm not only content with that I have also given them more guidelines from my experience to be applied so that the product might be produced in a way that we desire. We have all succeeded in not only meting our client expectations but also exceeding their expectation.
    Is this can be considered enhancing company's procedures to eliminate bottlenecks?

7. farmtotable

farmtotable
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think I misses the word procedures.
    But if I was asked in an interview “How to enhance a company's procedures *to eliminate bottleneck?”. Then the answerer would be to improve communication, walk through all the procedures with the employes doing them, compare procedures to the training material, review procedures with quality and engineering, update training material, retrain all employes to current procedures, and preform audits to make sure procedures are being followed.

8. AshleyWhiteBusin

AshleyWhiteBusin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I suggest proper planning and organization so that mistakes will be and can be eliminated.