How to drive traffics for affiliate marketing?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by James12smith, Nov 13, 2013.

1. James12smith

James12smith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Friends,

There is something I really need to make it clear. I am a bit confused when it comes to SEO and affiliate marketing. I'm just unable to differentiate it till now.

How does one (who are doing affiliate marketing) drives a traffics to his landing page/website without relying on the PPC or paid services?

With the help of SEO? Building backlinks to the landing page/website? What I mean is, I always under the impression that SEO is for adsense module, but does this also applied to affiliate marketing too?

I know it was confusing, but I hope you guys understand what i am trying to say here.

Thanks

James

2. vishal23

vishal23
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have this basic formula when it comes to search engine optimization, which I also believe will work efficiently on any type of website – and yes, even on affiliate sites.

The core concept of this formula is based around 2 basic SEO principles.One is optimize the site for both users and search engines and 2nd one is create signals to build trust, authority and more traffic/usage data.

3. marrick

marrick
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEO by general is done freely. However, it can be used in almost all types of sites including adsense sites.

SEO and Affiliate marketing are different from each other. But SEO can be used in affiliate marketing by optimizing your landing pages to drive targeted traffic to it. You can do affiliate marketing without SEO and vice versa.

There's a difference but both can be beneficial to the other.

4. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

If you are not the website owner, SEO is not going to work. The reason is affiliates are all provided with the same website, and do not have access to the website to be able to edit it, so cannot optimize it. Since every website has the same content, there is also a duplicate content problem, which the affiliate can't do anything about.

As I mentioned above, an affiliate cannot optimize their landing pages because they don't have the proper access to do so. I also don't understand your last statement that SEO and affiliate marketing can be beneficial to each other. One has nothing to do with the other, so how can they be beneficial to each other.