How to do Social Media Marketing on Stumbleupon to increase traffic to Website?

Discussion in 'Social Media for Business' started by localnumberone, Feb 9, 2012.

1. localnumberone

localnumberone
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am Stumbleupon member from the last month. I want to promote my website through Stumbleupon. Is there anyone who gives me step by step guidance to do SMO on Stumbleupon?

2. kyle429

kyle429
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is a good thread, as I have had that same question too, and would also like to know the answer.

3. amitmax

amitmax
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Be active on stumbleupon.Try to share some useful content on regular basis and all relevant people in your profile.

4. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First, Create an Account:
    View attachment 1153
    Go to stumbleupon.com/signup page and fill up all the details there.

Then choose which topics are you interested:
    (These are just some of the topics listed:)
    • Alcoholic Drinks
    • Coffee
    • Dancing
    • Environment
    • Family
    • Food/Cooking
    • Health
    • Music
    • Photography
    • Photoshop
    • Wine

Add Stumblers so that you can ensure that someone will stumble your content/page.
    View attachment 1154

Add your content/s
    (Honestly I can't find how to share your website although I find a rather interesting alternative: in your browser copy without the qoutes "stumbleupon.com/url/www.yoursite.com")
    View attachment 1155

Here are some of the things that you should know to increase your traffic:
    - The more likes the better
    - Sharing also increase the possibility that your page will be discovered
    - Good Interesting Content (It might be really mind-blowing pictures or interesting information)
    - A network of friends that will help you promote your page (Stumbleupon is also a social network where you can connect with your friends)

5. kyle429

kyle429
    uix_expand uix_collapse

6. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Start adding other users and stumbleupon on their pages too. When they see you visit their pages, they will also visit back on your pages as well. Most of what you are going to stumbleupon on are those that you have selected to be in your interest area when signing up on Stumbleupon.

7. localnumberone

localnumberone
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks haleymcadams1 and all users, I appreciate your knowledge and explore Stumbleupon.

8. Ken Peterson

Ken Peterson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Stumble upon is best website for doing social bookmaking. You should make your good profile and share useful things.

9. stella123

stella123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

1. The first thing to do is to create your own Stumbleupon page. You receive your own URL and then personalise your subscription with a brief description on the page and then tag it to suit your needs.
    2. Personalising your page is of optimum importance. Telling people who you are creates more transparency and will lead to more people clicking on your page. Fill out the ‘interests’ and the ‘general’ sections to do this. Pick a memorable profile picture so people can remember your profile at a glance.
    3. Join groups that interest you. This allows you to not only see what you want but by joining from one to 63 groups, you contribute similar pages to Stumbleupons engine and if the page relates to the groups you’ve joined it is sent to these group members.

there are lot of companies proving SMO services to your website. These services are affordable, and more effective. brings good page rank and reviews for your site.
    As i know "Nichesuite" is the one, which provides SEO & SMM Services with reasonable price and make your site more user-friendly.....

10. Matt Damon

Matt Damon
    uix_expand uix_collapse

These are the really best information. but i think until can't increase your network it is difficult for you to get traffic. so for it you should increase your follower by sharing nice and informative post.

11. ilovedesign

ilovedesign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Personally I look to stumbleupon if I want to find links to viral videos and sites of interest to me. I've never really thought of it as a marketing medium, but now that you mention it, that might be a good idea. Obviously, though, you need your site to have content that is "viral" material because otherwise people won't really like your page and it won't be "stumbled upon" that much.

12. likeablevideoads

likeablevideoads
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ya i dont think its the best site for marketing yourself as a business per say.

13. stellaandreapark

stellaandreapark
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Be active and Stumble always. Using the StumbleUpon toolbar often accomplishes two things. The first is that it shows you are an active member of the StumbleUpon community, making it more likely for Stumblers to befriend you and support your links. The second is that it gives you a feel for what types of sites appear most often in StumbleUpon. You should strive to both stand out and fit in at the same time.

14. johnnyS

johnnyS
    uix_expand uix_collapse

stumble your website and the website that is related to your site. interact and socialize . That can help you get more likes and possible customers