How To Do SEO For Portal Websites?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by borgninestallone, Apr 19, 2014.

1. borgninestallone

borgninestallone
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello friends, Recently I began working for a big portal domain, which includes more categories and sub categories. I need to bring more traffic to this portal site. Please help me with a few important tips in getting more traffic and registrations to my portal sites.

#1 borgninestallone, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2014
  2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

There are two considerations here, regarding the keywords you rank the site for. First, your website has to have a general purpose. When people are looking for your type of website, what phrases are they using to find it? Those are the phrases to use for your homepage. Second, search engines rank pages not websites. So the various category pages would be ranked for keywords related to those categories. Once you have the proper keywords, the rest of the process would be the same as it would for any other website.

3. gmrecepies

gmrecepies
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Naturally, such a portal will be operating in some competitive financial niches which are already targeted and approached by many other domains. In such cases, it is essential to have insight and take the steps with caution. Optimizing contents and the actual on-page elements of the sites can be among necessary tasks to do, and titles plus descriptions of the sites need to be adjusted or created in a way to reflect the core keywords picked by admins and the portals.

Link building naturally is going to be the next phase to approach because at present, it is essential to gather some good links, one-way packages, which come from highly relevant spots, and preferably containing the primary keywords as anchors. E-commerce portals usually are monetized through selling products and services to the customers. You may consider to write some fresh contents about products listed on your site and offer them to the customers to study also.

4. lptrendin

lptrendin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There is not much difference in seo techniques . You must choose correct keywords . And the pages corresponding to those keywords should be proper and relevant to the keyword.

5. sonakshi

sonakshi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEO techniques are same for every type of website. But you have to choose right keywords and Promote them to relevant sites.

6. Sam Paul

Sam Paul
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

Your question is not so clear to provide accurate solutions. However, I will try to reply by saying:
    -- You should have a strategy in place that can help you draw visitors to your website
    -- onsite and offsite SEO
    -- Above all, you should be patient and allow sometimes to gain some ranking and visibility.
    -- If you want immediate traffic to your website, then you should start Google PPC.

Hope this helps

Thanks

7. thecyberjar

thecyberjar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well said, just to add a bit more to the offsite SEO; join other sites in your niche and share your backlinks. Make sure the sites you join are high PR (popular) sites that rank well on search engines. The more links you have back to your website from trusted well-ranked sites, the more authority search engines will give to you. And as was stated above, be patient.

8. Infotekmerica

Infotekmerica
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Target main keywords on Homepage and Navigation Pages.
    In the Sub Category Target Particular Products Wise Keywords So Google and Visitors Easily Understand What you are actually providing and Saying.

Promote all the pages in Various Type of Social Networking Website and Submit all URL in Dofollow and Nofollow Websites.It may help you to get more traffic and SERP in Google.

9. mishraraj2603

mishraraj2603
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEO activities varies with the category of website.
    Every category has their own type of promotion ideas. Depends on keywords competition & target audience.
    I suggest to target more & more keywords on home page, because google gives priority to home page.

10. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Targeting too many keywords makes it difficult to determine what the page is about. On the home page, it would be better to target more general keywords. Google will rank the page that has the most relevance to the search term.

11. Melissa Feeney

Melissa Feeney
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I completely agree with you, promotional idea differs from category to category, and even the strategies differ depending upon the competition.

But, I will not agree with your point to target more and more keywords in the home page itself. One webpage should not be targeted for more than 3-4 keywords.

12. melisalissa05

melisalissa05
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For portal site, it is better to set campaigns for all your keywords. Because i am also working for portal site only