How to do best on page SEO work for an online resume writing service

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by jamesbrown, Oct 12, 2015.

1. jamesbrown

jamesbrown
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have recently joined as a SEO trainee in one of the leading online resume writing service website and now, i have been assigned to do the on page SEO works for one of our new resume writing service website and as i am a trainee, i have been getting suggestions from superiors about how to approach and how to give my best part of my work for this new resume writing service website i have been thinking and so, i have approached here. So, I request you all to suggest me some ideas regarding, how to do best on page SEO works to an online resume writing service website.

2. steveposter

steveposter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

• How is this telated to doing SEO for his firm's website? You might want to carefully read a post before replying to it.
    Provide some proven strategies on how to write resume in a right way that will guide them into more creative writing.

3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I might cause a little bit of controversy for this, because in the past I have been referred to as a "Grammar Nazi". However, your website targets a specific city in a country where the primary language is English. To look professional, therefore, the content of your website must follow the proper rules for spelling, grammar, and punctuation. When a potential client visits your site and sees the plethora of errors upon it, they won't want to hire you! Regardless of how skilled the actual resume writers may be, based on how your website was written, they will be afraid their resume will be just as bad, and they will be afraid no one will hire them!
    Now, getting to the actual SEO. It appears that when a link is clicked on, it merely changes the content on the home page. This is bad. As a result of what the website designer has done, you essentially have a one-page website. This severely limits the number of keywords you can pursue, which will limit the number of potential clients you can reach. You should have a separate page for each service, so that you can pursue the proper keywords for each page. You also want to be careful in your content that you do not overuse the keywords in the content of your page - this is known as "keyword stuffing', and will have a detrimental affect on your rankings. On the homepage, you want the headings on each service description to link to the proper page.
    i noticed that the link to "Best Resume Writing Services" links to a separate website that appears to belong to another company. is this a competitor, or do you own this other company as well? Either way, why are you sending visitors somewhere else to get the services you provide? In your FAQ's about resume writing, you ask questions, but don't answer them. Why not? That's what FAQ pages are for - to find answers to questions. And, on your resume examples page, you have no examples. Instead, you have advice on how to write a professional resume, and I have no idea why it says "How To Write A Professional Resume Online". Don't mislead your visitors - give them what they expect to see.
    This website needs a lot of work, and I've just touched the surface. As a trainee, you may not have the knowledge and experience to do everything this website needs.

4. M.Ehrmantraut

M.Ehrmantraut
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No, you are spot-on in your advice - upon reading through just the first page there are glaring grammatical errors which would immediately turn me off if I was seeking such services.