How to develop my oversea business?? Need help.

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by nicksen2010, Jul 30, 2010.

?

How to seek the real demander?

1. hook your products on Alibaba

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. register more and more B2B

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. take part in Expo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. buy some key words from Google

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. build and popularize your own website

100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. nicksen2010

nicksen2010
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello all.

I'm working in a company located in Ningbo city China.

Over the years, this company focus on exporting various precision mechanical parts, plastic injection parts and CNC machining parts. Usually I seek oversea customers on yellowpages and business directories,you may know,many companies have registered with emails there,so i can find and send them my introduction letters easily.
    Some of them will be interested in our products or else they have their own projects and plan to have we produce for them.In the beginning ,we discuss price,payment,delivery etc,mostly them care the price a lot,if their requirements not very intricate we will send them our free samples to let approve,once all goes well, they will place us an firm order.....

At this moment,I'm quite puzzled,:(I don't know how to find a real valuable contact whom reliable need our products and would like to cooperate with us. :rolleyes:

I send out more than 300 letters per day to U.S,EU and Austrila,but few of them would reply to me:dunno:

Right here, any1 could lead me some better ways how to look for oversea customers those need castings,stampings,die-casting,CNC machine parts,and plastic injection parts.

Your kindly response will be highly appreciate.Thank you very much.

Nicksen

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum Nicksen. From what you say above, it sounds to me as if you are already using a pretty good sales approach. Making direct telephone contact with prospective customers could be the way to go. How has that been working out for you so far?

From the items listed above, I would say that you should be doing a little bit of all of them. It will be important for your company to have a good website. International customers will want to visit your site and they will view it as an indication of how reliable your company is and the quality that you will provide them with. Once you have a good website built it will need promotion and AliBaba and Google AdWords would be good ways of doing this.

A website will be important and it should help your sales. However, you will still need to continue with your B2B selling and attending Expo would be a good way to meet international buyers.

I'll vote for "build and popularize your own website" because I feel that it is your next step and that your website will be an important support to back up your other marketing and sales efforts. If it comes down to a choice between building a quality website or attending Expo, I'd lean towards developing the website, because of it's importance in determining how potential clients will view your company.

Does that help?

3. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think all of the possible answers are answered already by Fergal.
    And just like his suggestion, I suggest you to go into fairs and expos related to your product, and make a small exhibit. This way, you can get direct and walk-in customers.
    BTW, do you already have a website? Have you tried to join any e-commerce sites like ebay? I know there are some few persons who are selling similar products like that.
    And, do you have an actual store there in China?

4. nicksen2010

nicksen2010
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Fergal & GekiDan and all partners

Thanks for your suggestions.

I think I need to introduce more.This company is a small medium enterprise,our general manager established it in 2008.Simply put, we don't have too much $ to put on Alibaba,Expos,fairs etc.it's always a problem.In other words,if take part in Expos and fairs, we need to spend $ 3,000-5,000 each time.BUT,if we employ a salesman and let him send develop letters everyday,$ 2,200 per year is his salary(not include his sales commissions)--therefore, we prefer to employ some more salesmen.

Yet, we have our website thrivigor.com,most of our products are published there,personally,this website is not delicate,i studied some Dreamwerver,Flash before,but i don't have enough power to redesign our site again.:~ anyways, currently we can use this website to introduce our products.

Obviously,I just want to find a way -how to search a valuable customer via EMAILS and directly calling
    our salesmen send lots of letters every day, but plenty of letters would be deleted without reading--some better settings to through these?
    When we collect oversea customer's email address per their websites,we can not judge whether they would need our products.it's also a problem.--some of our salesmen are not very good at English.
    how to judge customer's website then?

As i known, when I search through google,bing,yahoo,yellowpages,business directory etc, with key words could be " engineering, machinery,technology,equipment etc, " related oversea companies will need castings, stampings,and CNC machine parts. So far, I got only one Kuwait client in this way., he placed me a order $ 8,000 in the past 5 months. However , I sent out more than 20,000 emails during this period. but only one order.anyway,it's not an effective approach.

also,I can search with "casting company,casting LLC, casting LTD, Casting AB, Casting co.uk, casting company +44, etc." mostly the results are not bad.

dose any1 could help me to list some more key words....:p Thank you.

Nicksen

#4 nicksen2010, Jul 31, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
  5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

nicksen2010 thanks for posting back with your feedback. The name of your website thrivigor.com is a name that will not have much meaning for English speaking Westerners, plus it is quite long and does not include syllables that are easy for a Western person to read or pronounce. Hence it will be difficult for them to remember the name and this will be detrimental to your business branding.

Changing that domain name could really help your business a lot - is that something you could do?