How to create an youtube video for english population as a foreign (czech) user

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Z3NTIVA, May 1, 2014.

1. Z3NTIVA

Z3NTIVA
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello everybody!

I'd really like to start making youtube videos. It seems to me like a great opportunity to share with people something i really love (fitness advices, training programmes, etc.) and to earn some money at the same time.

I know, however, that there are not much potentional viewers in my small country. I don't want to limit myself by this small audience which would not provide me much subscribes, views, and at the end of the day, money.
    So, the ultimate question sounds. How to create an attractive content for an english speaking audience as a person, who doesn't live in English speaking country? In fact, i can speak English on a communication level, but i think people would be bothered about my accent, occasional mistakes and other things of that nature. (I'm writing this on my own so you can see yourself, if there are any mistakes in my written address and i would appreciate some feedback from you :) )

Solution might be subtitles, but i don't thing people would like to watch a video in foreign language with English subtitles, don't I?

So, do you have, please, any suggestion, how to successfully create a videos for English speaking people as a Czech? Thank you a lot guys, I appreciate each Idea or suggested solution :)).

P.S.: My theme is fitness, fyziology, "howto" things about fitness, working out, and so on..

2. kenzo

kenzo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think you shouldn't be afraid. People from all over the world watch yt videos, some of them speak english on different levels, some not. Your written english is easily understandable so it will also be in the video. What you should worry about is the content, as YT is now full of lifestyle/fitness/bodybuilding/losing weight videos of highest quality from very popular people. You have to come up with something that will bring users to your channel, or at least subscribe yours simultaneously with others ;)

3. Z3NTIVA

Z3NTIVA
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you for your support in terms of language :). Honestly, i have nothing "special", but i can serve some interesting answers to people common questions. In my opinion, people can and often want to look at some videos with the same theme multiple times to listen to multiple opinions from different people.

Do you think that it's worth to add english subtitles, so that viewers can easily understand me even if they can't recognize what i just said? :) Or, do you have some other tips?

Another idea that came across my mind is to make videos with no speaking, for example: "powerful Abs Excercise - get your abs in 12 minute", where it would contain just animated, or filmed video with text slides (informations about the excercise itself - how is it called, reps, time, etc..)

Do you have any other idea? Now, especially, how to get some audience in the very beginning. Thank you a lot and again, sorry for possible mistakes.

4. Z3NTIVA

Z3NTIVA
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Oh, there is one more thing to ask you guys :) Is there any way i can promote my youtube videos? :) ty