how to create a website?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by Leila, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Leila

Leila
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello all!

Im working my way through Web design and i'm playing around a bit with photoshop So my question is this:

Anyone got any good tutorials they have used, or books to download that will at least help me to be able to create website?

I also searched on internet, I find this website, does anyone heard about them? http://web.centiumsuite.com/

Thanks in advance!

2. Adelina

Adelina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

instead of learning books watch some good latest tutorial videos, do practical practice, the more you practice the more you learn. for creating a website you should have to learn HTML,/CSS, JavaScripts, PHP, CMSs like WordPress, Joomla etc.. For creating a website you may use designing software TemplateToaster. Its a software that will help you to create a website without any hassle.

• Like Like x 1
  3. BA

BA
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

To Adelina's point. I agree with the videos approach as a strategy because it is a quicker way to learn the basics. YouTube has a ton of tutorial videos. I have used them in the past to learn Photoshop, iOS developement, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  4. josephcaron

josephcaron
    uix_expand uix_collapse

• This post is way too short to be truly helpful. Why does someone creating a website need each of the processes cited? What do they do? Telling us this would make the post much more helpful.
    for creating a simple web site you should know atlist html, css, and java screept.

• Like Like x 1
  5. manishsqrt

manishsqrt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I learned website development from w3schools.com, i think it is a good tutorial. The reason i said so is because it looks easy for me to test the codes without any chaos or complexities. Looks like writing copy on a note book. By the way to learn website development all you need is a determination and patience, just like learning any thing else. You will have to develop a habit.

6. BODHost

BODHost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Couldn't agree anymore. YT has thousands of tutorials waiting for you to pounce on. Highly suggest you to learn Wordpress as it's the easiest and best in terms of simplicity and plugins available...oh and not to forget the SEO benefits of WP.

7. denniswalters84

denniswalters84
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are so many things you have to learn apart from simple HTML to create your website. so, I would also suggest you to learn either wordpress or check simple free website builder such as weebly where you can create simple website.

8. IndioBailBonds

IndioBailBonds
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You must need to do practice of coding before developing any professional website.You can checkout the w3schools site for basic web development tutorials.

• Like Like x 1
  9. gradetracy

gradetracy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

• This post has been edited to remove a promotional URL
    One of the easiest ways to do it is to get a template, for example from WebStarts, and adjust it according to your needs. It won't take you much time and money, but the result will be great in most cases. I'd do it this way too

10. mathew25

mathew25
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just type in google using “web development company” keywords. It will display you huge web development companies list. From there, you can pick any one of good-matured company to start your website.

11. Khwaish Jha

Khwaish Jha
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You must be teach a platform or language for web developing like asp.net,php,wordpress etc.

12. SoverintetRar

SoverintetRar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

At the OP, have you solved your issues already?

13. Karthik D

Karthik D
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First start learning basics of Html tags and practice to write simple programs by your own , Then Start PHP learning then you will get perfect ideas to develop a website . To develop a website u also need to learn PHP, CSS,HTML,Javascript !!!

14. Merryl Senuri

Merryl Senuri
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To create a website you need to know HTML, CSS and PHP. If you want to bulid a website for your business then you can join free in the B2B portal Bizbilla. It allows you to create responsive business website for free with Content Management System (CMS) options. You don't need any technical knowledge for this as it includes very simple procedures. It has thousands of template designs.

#14 Merryl Senuri, Dec 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2015
  15. Ethan

Ethan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think, CMS is also the best option for website development. Without technical knowledge you can create your website. Most of CMS website offers the free web hosting.

16. StuartSpindlow3

StuartSpindlow3
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Here are the steps you should follow (should be similar/same on all the major web hosting companies):
    1. Log in to your hosting account.
    2. Go to your control panel.
    3. Look for the “WordPress” icon.
    4. Choose the domain where you want to install your website.

17. francis.jackson

francis.jackson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

• Promotional Links are not allowed in normal forum posts. This post has been edited to remove a promotional link.
    For such a task, I'd like to recommend you to use some templates for different website builders. You can easily download a free one from Webstarts.com and customise it if you need. Such a method will surely work great for you

18. addialex

addialex
    uix_expand uix_collapse

w3schools.com best e site for beginners example given on this site is simplified to improve reading and basic understanding.

19. addialex

addialex
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The answer to this questions is rather subjective than objective. There are various level involved between starting of development of website and its launch:

1. Buy a domain name:

First and foremost you need to buy a name, domain name, for your website. There are several domain name provider in this area: Go Daddy and geturweb.com to name two of them

2. Buy Web hosting services:

The Web space to access your website, the web hosting is done on the servers reserved for the information driven stuff to be accessed.

3. Web design:

It is the services related to the outlook of your website. This service upon implementation decides how your website looks?

4. Web Development:

This step decides the architecture and overall layout, functionalities to be included. This step upon the implementation creates the structure of your website.

5. Getting noticed:

The above four points are necessary for the creation of the website but there is no point in only existing and not getting recognized. SEO and SMO services are responsible for the wide familiarity of your website with visitors.

20. John Abbott

John Abbott
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Use WordPress - it is the best contant management system nowadays. Drupal is worthless, Joomla is history too. As for Wix - couple of months ago Google announced that it will stop indexing Wix based websites. Choose the best, use WordPress ;)