How to Create a Website for FREE

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by akashjshah, Nov 15, 2009.

1. akashjshah

akashjshah
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Creating a website seems like a complicated process. Many people think you have to be a star web designer or know how to code. Well, you don’t. You don’t need to be a techie or learn any complicated HTML or CSS code to make a fully functional website. In this guide, I will explain how to make websites for absolutely no cost. I will then provide useful resources to make even more complicated websites like this one.

It is a common saying that nothing in this world is free. While this may be true for many things in the world, websites are not one of them. Nowadays, there are a plethora of useful resources that allow any entrepreneur or person to make a website for free.

Google Sites, Wordpress.com and Webs are, in my opinion, three great ways to make a website for your business for FREE.

Source: How to Create a Website for Free

2. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

But designing it so that it can be different or unique from different sites will be the hardest thing when using a template. Like me, I have finished a short course on Web Design but what the school thought me is now obsolete. So I can't design my own site. What I do is get a few templates, edit and personalize it. That way, I can be unique to other similar sites.

Even though you can create one for free, you need to word hard on it. You need to promote it to get visitors.

3. Elomelo

Elomelo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

With so many website building tools, creating a website of your own is no more a complicated work nowadays. What we need is a liitle knowledge on http technology. I have seen many webmasters who had started with blogger.com (blogspot) but now owns a number of hugely popular sites. Wordpress, dreamweaver etc has made things easier these days. Also, there are many free domains and web hosting companies available.

4. AndrewK

AndrewK
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To be honest in my experience there is nothing better than actually hosting your own site and using software like wordpress or if you are after a completely free full functioning CMS then a product like Silverstripe. You dont need technical skills to get these running and if its too complicated for you chances are your teenage child or little sibling can figure it out. It may cost $5-10 dollars a month to own your own site but the advantages far outweigh the small costs

5. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Paying for your hosting without even earning from your site is a big no-no for me. It's ok to have a hosting if you earn on your site what you pay for hosting. It can be through donations or advertisements.

6. eddielkk

eddielkk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, then you can try using 000webhost to host yor free website, they provides 1.5 gb of webspace, and auto scripts installer features. For domain, you can try register 1 .co.cc domain which is also free. With autoscripts installer, you can install those joomla, wordpress that help to design your website just by few clicks. It works great with less web knowledge.

7. juk

juk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

:) I agree. I have tried the google option and it takes way to much time to get everything you want in it. It is easier to pay a little more, but get more traffic.

8. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've been using Blogger as my blogging platform and it is hosted free by Google.

9. Daffodil

Daffodil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Blogger.com is the best one to create your dream website in 3 easy steps.
    To earn throw Google Adsense adds, Your website should be atlest 6 months older. It is wise decision to create a free website in blogger.com and after 6 months you can register it with Google Adsense. Once you get more revenues from your site, you can host your domain with the providers.

#9 Daffodil, Nov 17, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2009
  10. manu.kumaar26

manu.kumaar26
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey,
    Creating website is not complicated!
    Now u can use google products like sites.google.com. Google sites is the best thing to hit the web since Google Apps........[:)]

11. junglekid

junglekid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think it has become very easy for anyone to put up a website without spending money and without the need to be a techie: WordPress, Blogger, Weebly, etc., not mentioning many free hosts that offer WYSIWYG html editors that make it very simple for any user to build a website.

Besides this with a free tool like kompozer you can easily build webpages or edit and personalize free templates.

12. Unknown

Unknown
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I used to use freewebs, I looked at the source. It talks about freewebs. I don't like them much anymore though. I just use cPanel and upload files I edit and stuff like that its alot better. :)

13. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, Freewebs is kinda not popular now as they are before.
    If you need to edit something, you edit your file on your computer and upload it. And it takes a lo of time.
    Why don't you use Blogger or Wordpress?

14. simple

simple
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yup. I've create this squeeze page with Blogger, and Kompozer is really an awesome web authoring system. I really recommend them.

15. manoj9372

manoj9372
    uix_expand uix_collapse

nice

coll share bro,and we can try to use some free webhoster's like t35.com etc.. for these purpose..

16. carolinebien

carolinebien
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you for your sharing!

17. simple

simple
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sorry guys. I'm so careless. This is the link for the squeeze page. :eek:

18. rillida

rillida
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi

Creating a website. Sounds complicated, doesn't it? It isn't. You don't need to be a techie or learn any type of complicated code either. If you are creating a website for the first time, bookmark this site. It will be really useful to you. I tell you everything you need to know and walk you through each step of the process - free!

There are three main steps to creating a web site:

1. Get a Domain Name - this page has everything you need to know about domain names - what they are, why you need one, how to choose a good one and how to get one.

2. Choose a Web Host - this page explains what a web host is, how to choose a good one, and what you really need and what you don't so you don't get taken.

3. Creating a Web Site - this page explains how you actually build a website, what you should and should not put on it and helps you figure out which website builder is for you.

Creating a website is just the first step to having a successful website. I will also show you add-ons you can put on your website like newsletters and counters for free or cheap, ways you can make money from your website and how to get traffic to it.

Thanks
    Have a nice time ahead.