How to convert an inquiry to sales?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by virt_train, May 9, 2013.

1. virt_train

virt_train
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi, can anyone please share I run a facebook ad campaign but all I got is an inquiry. After they got the details of the service,then that's it. So what are your steps or techniques how to turn that inquiry to sales ?

2. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you have the details of the person then you should send a mail about your services and offer a discount for the initial period or a free trial for a start. This might get the client interested and may convert as well.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

What type of service are you selling virt_train?

When you get inquiries, what type of questions are you being asked?

4. amal

amal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can use following techniques to convert inquiry to sales.
    1) You must be fast and responsive to visitor's inquiry.
    2) Donot Sell, help people to buy your product.
    These two things might work , you must try it.

5. virt_train

virt_train
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Fergal, its a work from home training program and target market are stay at home moms (local market). Also this is what my campaign is all about : I have a banner that says "work from home training program : Learn the 3 ways of creating income streams at home. Then on the FB Ad, "Be a Work at Home Mom :Be trained and learn the unconventional way to earn a living by working from home."

These are the questions target client asked:

1. Details of the training
    2. Cost
    3. Some actually look at it as a job offering
    4. How it works

When responding to them, I emailed them a "landing page" and a FB Group link

A. Landing page contains the following:

1. My experience : how the system works with me
    2. Benefits I experienced
    3. Training Package
    4. Cost

B. FB Group

This is a community of moms who also work at home.

What I'm trying to impart is that nowadays, working at home is now an option for moms. Everyone is doing it and they are successful.

What can be the possible reason why target clients are not attracted with my campaign? I don't know whether if its the cost, how I deliver the message or basically no one is interested?

#5 virt_train, May 9, 2013
    Last edited: May 9, 2013
  6. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

There are a lot of "work at home" scams out there, and I have quoted above a couple of things in your post that make your program look like one. First, there is your banner, using the phrase "creating income streams". I have seen this phrase a lot on many programs that supposedly allow people to make money by signing up other people for the program, who then sign up other people, and so on and so forth. Basically, they make money by getting other people to sign up for a "program" that supposedly teaches people how to make money at home, when all they are doing is convincing other people to buy into the program that supposedly teaches people how to make money at home. The second problem I see is referring to the program as a "system". This is what I just described - it is not actually an opportunity to "work" at home.
    If indeed your program is a legitimate business, and I am not making a conclusion either way, you have to differentiate yourself from the myriad "work at home" and "home business" scams out there. People are skeptical, and they have every right to be - you are giving them a reason to be skeptical of you.

7. virt_train

virt_train
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Joe, I got your point. I already considered that "scam impression" but I only implement it only after I received the inquiry. Part of the message is noted below. And supposedly one more justification that supposedly that I should do is to send the target client a scanned copy of my business registration certification.

"Before you decide to pursue for the training program, it may help if you :

Acquaint yourself with work at home moms who have been successful on
    this venture. Join a community of work at home moms at xxxxx"

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

virt_train, as Joseph has already said, there are unfortunately lots of scams in the work at home area. Would it be possible to give potential customers a free trial of your service? If you could do that they could see whether or not it would be helpful to them, before they pay out for it. If they are happy with what they get in the free trial, they will be much more likely to pay for the full service.

Also, do you provide free information to your potential clients? If you provide quality info free of charge, to your target market, they will begin to trust you and value you as a source of information that is helpful to them. Again, potential customers will be much more likely to buy from someone they trust.

9. virt_train

virt_train
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Fergal, yes I can provide free trial and free information for my potential clients. Will take note of your recommendations :). Thank you so much everyone for your advises. I will keep you posted how things will turn out.

10. jeniffer

jeniffer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Try to talk with your website visitors in real time. If you are running campaign on Facebook, you should add a chat option on your business page so that customers can talk to you in real time. When customers initiate chat with you, tell them about your business, offers, products and how you are different from others. Try this and hope you will surely convert leads into confirm sales.

11. Ruby On Rails

Ruby On Rails
    uix_expand uix_collapse

1.Product Knowledge
    2.Train your point person on what questions they should be asking in return to qualify the call. These questions will help them identify if the call is a legitimate sales opportunity.
    3.To provide them with effective closing techniques so the call is captured and converted into an opportunity. Taking charge of the call and being assertive is key to keeping the customer engaged past their initial inquiry.
    4.To set up a tracking system so you will know how many prospect inquiries are being converted.

12. alicemenezes

alicemenezes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

1. check what product they have inquired on
    2. tell them the USP of YOUR product
    3. tell them why they should buy it from YOU
    4. why they need the product
    5. how you are better than your competitors

13. jeff123

jeff123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

to convert an enquiry to sale try following points

Do not send generalized email templates
    Customize the format based on the enquiry requirement
    do not send the quote in attachment though you can send additional details in attachment
    Give price in bottom after you have written why to hire u and why you are better than competitor and what they will get in the price.
    Include your phone number, email id skype id to contact u with any questions
    proper use of fonts is necessary
    include work which u have done similar to client requirement.

hope this helps

14. simplyjo

simplyjo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Lots of things matter.
    Always be polite, willing to answer further queries and easy to approach.

15. SEOSOPT

SEOSOPT
    uix_expand uix_collapse

listen carefully about the consumer needs and act accordingly to help in the business growth !

16. watshelly

watshelly
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are many ways to convert inquiries to leads, what I want to recommend is live chat.

With live chat, you can you can monitor your site visitors in real time, such as what product they are browsing, how long they have stayed in the page, where they come from, how they find you, etc. Then you can identify the potential customers.

After you identify potential customers, you can send a personalized chat invitation to them with live chat. It can be just a greeting message; a piece of promotional message about the product he is viewing; a recommendation of items he may be interested in, etc. Sending invitations at the right time can greatly improve the possibility to make them your loyal customers.