How to compete with rivals, when there are none?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by hcted, Jan 9, 2011.

1. hcted

hcted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I read that one of Apple's advertising techniques was making their product looked like it worked better than the competitors and that it solves problems that the other doesn't. Now on my site, Tweet Zone (a social network for a social network) there is no one like us. I have spent 2 hours searching and no one has done anything like this. And if they have they are very quiet.

So how would I promote this?

Edit - Also, should I change the view a slight bit on my site. Like a social network for every social network? A sort of complicated idea. Something that ties everything together.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

hcted I honestly believe that the greatest marketing challenge you face with Tweet Zone is to make it clear how the site benefits your users. When someone first visits your site, it is not immediately obvious to them why they should join or how they would benefit from being a part of it.

If your site provides a service that your users value and this value is clearly communicated and understood by them, they will talk about your site on Twitter and in other places. This in itself will spread the word about your site and most probably provide you with all the marketing you would ever need.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

hcted I honestly believe that the greatest marketing challenge you face with Tweet Zone is to make it clear how the site benefits your users. When someone first visits your site, it is not immediately obvious to them why they should join or how they would benefit from being a part of it.

If your site provides a service that your users value and this value is clearly communicated and understood by them, they will talk about your site on Twitter and in other places. This in itself will spread the word about your site and most probably provide you with all the marketing you would ever need.