How to communicate in your partner’s Language?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by CommunicateWell, Feb 3, 2010.

1. CommunicateWell

CommunicateWell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Maybe you’ve seen a girl who is a man magnet that has men flocking around her and you may wonder about the secret of her success in attracting all these partners.

Attraction is built on the foundation of communication and some call it chemistry but to get to this chemistry you need to understand how your partner perceives the world around him. You need to know the love language of your partner and speaking it fluently.

Everyone perceives their world with three senses – sight, sound and feelings. Psychologists have discovered that even though we use all three senses, one of them is always more prominent and clearly pronounced in the language of the man.

The easiest and fastest way to learn this language is asking questions or starting a conversation. For example when returning from a trip you can ask him about it and pay attention to his answer. If he said the weather was terrible and he couldn’t see the sun once, you would know that he is visual. The auditory person will talk about sounds: ” I stayed in a quiet hotel, the streets were very noisy… etc. ” If he was a feeler, his answers would be something like: ” I felt lonely in the new place. I missed you … etc. “

Knowing his language is the key to know how to communicate with him in a way that will make him feel that you are the missing piece to his puzzle. He will just be attracted to you. Of course, one question in one conversation is not enough to tell you about his language. You need more than one conversation and situation to find his prominent sense. Once you find it, you will want to speak his language and communicating with him in the same way.

If he’s visual, talk with him about what you saw on the way over. If he’s auditory, talk about the new CD you just bought. The feeler needs to hear more about feelings.

If you want to attract others you need to know from their speech about the prominent sense with which they perceive their world, and then communicate with them in their love language.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Interesting article.

Is that not a little false, would it not be better to make a bit less of an effort and just be yourself?

3. DEADMAN

DEADMAN
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very nice article.

I think in order to communicate, you need to be just yourself but should make yourself comforable with partners speaking language. I believe I would be very polite and fluent to words. Next thing I would do is speak honestly and be very true.

4. seanstevens

seanstevens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When I first met my wife her English was almost non-existent, we got married 7 months later and by that time her English was good. Language is not that important in the short term, it is all about being polite, being honest, and being caring - regardless of language, those things will shine through and you development your own communication.

5. johndale

johndale
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very informative. I will try this with my partner and try to analyze the signals.