How to Choose a strong password for safety

Discussion in 'Computer Questions, Issues & Security' started by sayem001, Aug 13, 2014.

1. sayem001

sayem001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Here are the rules for choosing your passwords for all your accounts :

1.Use a different password for each of your accounts

2. Make sure the recovery options password is current and secure

3.Avoid passwords that use credentials too obvious (eg date of birth, place of birth, phone number)

4.Do not use a password generator that will give you a password that you will never remember

5.Do not group your passwords in a single Word document or a piece of paper. Instead, use a password manager. This software allows you to store, identify and retrieve

6.your passwords safely and effectively. There are many like Lastpass or KeeHPass

7.Do not disclose your password to anyone

2. MBA Trainer

MBA Trainer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For your password always use mixed letters and numeric. Never write your password on table on which your computer is placed. Always keep your password secret.

3. neuman

neuman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's quite simple. Get a password manager and DO NOT USE A HOSTED "CLOUD" VERSION. Why you ask? Nothing is "secure" even in the cloud. Hackers find ways to break SSL encryption and gain access to your password. Save passwords locally using a password manager.

1Password is a great choice. It's offline (encrypted file saves locally on your computer) You still have the choice to backup your encrypted files to an FTP account or Dropbox/Box/Google Drive. However I would backup to a local NAS or flash drive.

The whole point of choosing a "strong password" is choosing a password NO one will remember. This is where 1Password becomes handy. Long secure passwords you or no one else will remember. Simply choose 1 default password to unlock 1Password application to access all your randomly generated strong passwords.

4. Aleena

Aleena
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I choose simple and easy password for me with upper and lower case letters. I usually select almost same passwords for my personal accounts with little variations for work accounts I choose different passwords for each account.

5. ramsukhsahu

ramsukhsahu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For Password Safety

For password safety of your account you should use strong password and and be combination of lowercase letter, uppercase letter, and special characters. It should be easily memorable to you.

6. sanamgupta

sanamgupta
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If really want to create a song password, you can use uppercase letters with your password combination like A, B, C. Lowercase letters like a, b, c you can also use numbers 0 to 9 and special symbols too as !@#$%^&*()[]; : etc. All these things will make your password strong or unique.

7. harrykingsville

harrykingsville
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Don't use regular strings like hello ,name etc as a password.because normal words are easily guess.So make a Password more secure then always use upper and lower character combination and also used number and signs to make a password more secure..