How to choose a profession logo designer for my startups?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by campbelljof, Mar 3, 2016.

1. campbelljof

campbelljof
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When it comes to business, especially start ups, our brand’s credibility is everything. A poor logo can ruin our brand image, so how to choose or hire a professional logo designer while designing a logo for my startup law firm business?

2. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

You don't need a logo. The only people who care about logo's are marketeers and graphic designers. Joe Public couldn't care less.

All you need to do is find a nice font and a colour you like and put your company name in plain text at the top of your website. You can add some padding and put it on a background if you really want to but this is just fiddling with the styles.

Your brand is who you are and what you do. It's about your credibility and reputation. It's not about a fancy logo.

Brand =/= Branding

I've tested removing logo's from websites over many years and it made very little difference to anything.

• Like Like x 1
    #2 fisicx, Mar 3, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2016
  3. aronmatt3

aronmatt3
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To choose a perfect logo for any website is always a pain and I have never understood it correctly. I have seen many people selecting logos with all the meaning even the colors used. I always chose the one which I like and looks good after seeing it.

4. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Totally the wrong way to to things. Your logo (it you even need one) should be the one your customer's like. This may not be the the one you like.

5. CoolHandCol

CoolHandCol
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Look at what your competitors do and go on Fiverr.com with some ideas you like. I've done this a few times now and been very pleased with the results - and it's not expensive

6. w3web

w3web
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You are the one who know about your start-up than anybody, so you can self design your logo better than any other party. Choose the colours such as blue or orange, in which blue is for trust and orange is for optimism. It completely depends upon the type of your business, so i can suggest that, build your own logo through online sources. If you want to spend lot of money in designing the logo then go for professionals.

7. bleepingdesign

bleepingdesign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sure thing, you will find good logos on fiverr but can't really trust everyone here. Make sure its not copied or designed using templates. Its better to hire a freelancer directly as you will get quality and it will be cost effective. Only thing is that you will need to find quality designers.