How to catch up on politics and business news?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by titus, Apr 19, 2011.

1. titus

titus
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi there!

I haven't been really catching up with the economy and politics and business news in the past year or two and I really want to get into a good habit of reading the news daily or as often as I can. But it sometimes is really difficult reading articles off of business websites such as The Economist or BusinessWeek. Is there a website for simple business news but still capturing all the details? I am a freshman economics major and just felt this would be important / applicable to what I will be learning.

Thanks

Titus

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Hi Titus, what country are you based in?

Like you I haven't been keeping up to date with business news over the last year or so and I'm beginning to take an interest in it again. The main reason I haven't paid as much attention to it for the last while is that the business and economic news seemed to be all bad recently and it didn't exactly cheer me up to hear or read it.

Depending on where you are located there are some great business news programmes on TV and radio, and newspapers are another great source of business news.

The links below might also be of interest to you;

Yahoo Business
    Yahoo Politics
    MadConomist
    Forbes Small Business and Entrepreneurs section
    CNN Business News
    PR News Wire
    Reuter - Business News
    BusinessWeek - Small Business

#2 Fergal, Apr 19, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
  3. ericstuart1006

ericstuart1006
    uix_expand uix_collapse

you can use either internet or if you want to read it in any library then it is also a good idea.

4. td2011

td2011
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I usually get my weekly dose of politics from Question Time on a thursday evening (in the UK). I check the BBC news site every day as a way of keeping up to date.

5. Daftblogger

Daftblogger
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My weekly journal "US economics made simple for the blogger" is meant to help blogger, and anyone, to catch up with US Economics/politics. It provides insights on the hottest topics of the week. All analyses are based on articles that appeared on Financial Times and The Economist(paper). For more information on it check this thread.

6. Henry_Jakson

Henry_Jakson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I haven’t been really catching up with the economy and politics and business news in the past year or two and I really want to get into a good habit of reading the news daily or as often as I can. But it sometimes is really difficult reading articles off of business websites such as The Economist or Business Week. Is there a website for simple business news but still capturing all the details? I am a freshman economics major and just felt this would be important / applicable to what I will be learning.

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Henry_Jakson did you look at any of the news sources that I linked to in the second post of this thread? Are any of those helpful to you?