How to capture a prospect's attention

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Kay, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

[YOUTUBE]UVvhvAyLbZk&NR[/YOUTUBE]

I liked this video. Would you adopt similar techniques or do you have something else up your sleeve you can share with us on how you make your pitch almost irresistible ? :D

2. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey cool video, I just about to watch it,and i like it. Truely a big help if you follow those tips. Nice Kay.

3. WebWizard

WebWizard
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Great video. Thanks!

4. agentmanningctu

agentmanningctu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's a nice video. Those are some good tips I might try out.

5. Tecknowoman

Tecknowoman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's an interesting video.

Can I ask though does anyone else face what we have down under here in Australia. We seem to be built with an inbuilt scepticism chip so any hypey pitch just gets a "so yeah, sure, right..." eyes glazing over no longer listening reaction.

I even did it to this guys first benefit statement - about so many new customers or increase or whatever - yeah sure another salesman.

I first noticed this trend here with regard to American sales letters. What works really well there often doesn't here until you tone down the headlines and the like.

6. Mountain Man

Mountain Man
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One thing that does work is sincerity. Don't try to sell something to make money, try to sell something because it will truly make their lives better. If you don't believe in your product and are just selling "fluff" it doesn't work.

7. ProfitClinic

ProfitClinic
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yep, our B.S.* Radar is set pretty close to zero Down Under. Sincerity beats hype and manipulative nonsense every time, I find.

The Japanese are even tougher: a sales rep there typically has to invest at least 18 months of regular calls, gifts and genuine relationship-building before they get their first order. They want to know you're serious.

American companies in Japan largely gave up on trying their standard sales tactics by the early 1970s because of their impatience for results.

What too many sales people everywhere don't realize is that it's really, really hard to listen with your mouth. I've always used the Seven Hole System of prospecting, with consistent success. You can learn about it here (it's free).

See if you can spot the really interesting aspect of this approach that sets it apart.

John

(*B.S.-- Bogus Science, Bozo Statistics, Beguiling Sophistry, Bewildering Semantics, Blatant Salesmanship, Blarney Stoning, Blind Stupidity, Baiting Suckers or plain old Bovine Sediment. Take your pick... it's all just the usual deceptive B.S. anyway.)

8. Tecknowoman

Tecknowoman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Profit Clinic I completely agree and I know personally when I have my communication smarts about me and quickly get body language, intensity and speech cues mirrored the results are better.

Creating instant rapport works well. It allows me to then move them to different states I want them to be in but also match my word choices to their personality type triggers.

The faster and better I am at taking all of the non-verbals in and adapting to them the better the results.

OK there is all the other actual selling stuff but that is almost wasted if I haven't created good rapport in 15 seconds or less and phrase in ways they respond to.

Oh but Kay back to your original question! I find the decision makers name and send them a video review of their website - including its current state, traffic ranks, what Google sees, and the keyword search results in their market that they are currently missing. This captures attention quite well I find.