How To Buy Gold & Silver Jewelry

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by levinsonjewelers, Mar 2, 2012.

1. levinsonjewelers

levinsonjewelers
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Over a business dinner a conversation started about purchasing Gold and Silver Jewelry.

Someone mentioned that they buy the raw physical metal in its melted form, someone else argues that it was better to buy wafer style bars and hide away for when you need it as it is easier to cash.

These were senior members so I did not want to probe and ask too many questions...but it did catch my curiosity.

Where do you buy?

Where do you sell?

2. MoneyTrack

MoneyTrack
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Are you buying it as an investment, or to make jewelry? I'm a little bit confused. If you're buying it as an investment I have 2 pieces of advice.
    #1 - Do your research on whether or not precious medals fit in with your portfolio and your financial goals. Find a certified financial planner that works on an a fee only basis if you don't feel comfortable doing this yourself.
    #2 - If you must purchase gold/silver as an investment, look into purchasing a gold ETF (exchange traded fund). A quick google search of this will reveal its benefits.

3. russellmark85

russellmark85
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It depends on the design of the jewelry..If it's just a simple jewelry with no heavy designs then I guess gold is fine however if it's all chunky with loads of embellishments. I say silver is better.