How to build your enthusiasm?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Fergal, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Enthusiasm is a very important and appealing characteristic. We are often drawn to people who are enthusiastic and those who are enthusiastic about their work and life in general, are more likely to be both happy and successful.

So my question is, do you have any tips or suggestions for improving your enthusiasm?

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  2. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Enthusiasm is needed everywhere. If you need yo do something, you will need to have a feeling of enthusiasm. If you lack it, you can't do what are thinking to do. If you are Enthusiastic, the work you are doing doesn't take long to complete. Enthusiasm is all about excitement, interest and also dedication.

An Enthusiastic person is moreover successful and happy with his work. This is also a difference between a normal person and a enthusiastic person. An Enthusiastic person is more likely to achieve his goals in no time. However a normal person can also achieve his goals but it may take a long way for him/her.

So, Enthusiasm is essential for any work you want to do.

• Like Like x 3
    #2 TimeRider, Apr 17, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
  3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks devilbatista, I agree with everything you say and you say it very well. However, you haven't answered my question "do you have any tips or suggestions for improving your enthusiasm?" :)

4. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks Fergal. I can list out some for improving enthusiasm;

Seek what interests you and what you really want to do.

See yourself as an enthusiast.

Break with people who are dragging you down and start living it up!

Stop arguing with someone who supports you.

Stop taking care of someone who don't want to change their life anyway.

If you want to see changes around you, First change yourself.

Even when things are bad or you are down, Focus on good things.

Be generous, grateful and give love to everyone because You get back what you give to others. Like, "Hate for Hate and Love for Love"

Stay more around enthusiastic people.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks very much devilbatista, you have given me some very helpful tips there, I will try to take them on board starting right away.

Any other suggestions?

6. sobi123

sobi123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi fergal 10 ways to improving your enthusiasm , am showing just points hope it will help ,

1: Be passionate
    2: Be grateful
    3: Be positive
    4: Be proud
    5: Be creative
    6: Be proactive
    7: Be reasonable
    8: Be patient
    9: Be enlightened
    10: Be evolving

Hope you will get good result ;)

7. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I always wanted to be enthusiastic in every way. I find those people entertaining and convincing at the same time. I think these people are the ones I liked to be with, say th popular ones I see on TV like Jay Leno. :D

8. Biz

Biz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I seemed to be born with it ;)...

Not really. But I do feel enthusiastic in things I do, especially things important to me. Perceiving something as important is one source of enthusiasm toward doing it.

Passion, is another big one, as someone mentioned above. There are lots of important things, but those I am passionate about are those I have the most enthusiasm for.

In a big hurry. More to come... :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. treasuresfromd

treasuresfromd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think that if you find something in life that really exites you that you want to do, whether it's a new business opportunity, taking a trip to an exotic place, or even getting up in the morning then enthusiasm just comes naturally. I boost my enthusiasm by posting signs with sayings that inspire me. These signs make me more enthusiastic in general about life. They have really helped. I have signs all over the place from the bedroom to the bathroom to my car! :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. AnushaJain

AnushaJain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Get around like-minded people. Whatever the subject is, there is likely someone out there who is already very passionate about that topic. For example, when I want to get excited about designing my websites, I find an online forum of geeks who honestly believe, “code is poetry.” After reading just a few entries, I’m excited about it, too.

Read a book about the subject. When I want to get excited about a gardening project, I get out one of my books, or buy a new one, on that particular project. Authors are very passionate people.

Visualize yourself being enthusiastic. When I need to “make” myself exercise, I prefer to be “in the mood” to exercise – I just find it more fun. So to become enthusiastic about it, while preparing for the event, I envision myself performing the activity, enjoying myself, having a good time, smiling, and being enthusiastic about my walk, hike, tennis game, etc.

Research the subject. Collect facts about the topic wherever you can – books, magazine articles, Internet sources, professional groups, etc. Who would have information about the subject you want to gain enthusiasm about? In sales we teach this concept as “know your product inside and out,” but that idea can be applied to nearly any subject.

Answer this question: “Why?” Why do you want to be enthusiastic about this particular subject? I used to want to become an early riser – you know – someone who gets up every morning at 5 AM and goes for a jog. I bought into the paradigm that I could get more done before 8 AM than other people get done in a full day. I tried it for a while and it is true, but I could just never get fully enthused about the idea long enough to keep it up. Then one day I asked myself, “Why? Why do I want to get more done? I accomplish more between Noon and 6 PM than most people do in a full day. Why do I want to get up at 5 AM?” If you can’t answer the question, perhaps you would be better served to focus your enthusiasm on some other subject.

Create a list of 20 positive aspects about the subject. Enthusiasm needs something solid behind it. Sure, you can fake enthusiasm for a while, but genuine belief is much better and longer lasting.

Remember past successes. If you’ve been enthusiastic about this topic before, remember when and why. If this subject is new for you, remember a similar topic that you were enthusiastic about and how it turned out. How can you apply the same thinking and achieve a similar result?

• Like Like x 2
  11. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks everyone for your helpful suggestions. I especially like yours Anusha Jain, your tips are really practical and I will start implementing them straight away. I've already written a list of 10 reasons why and will add to the list as I give it more thought.

12. AnushaJain

AnushaJain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Be positive towards whatever you are trying in your life.think positive because whatevet you will think your brain will map the same thing and will try to complte the picture.
    The enthusiasm inhances with the theory of positivity.do the work which enriches you,gives you smile and satisfaction,do anything which your heart says:)

• Like Like x 1
  13. jeff123

jeff123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think if we challenge ourselves regularly, our enthusiasm will stay....

• Like Like x 1
  14. TimB

TimB
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yes there are many but few are;
    1- Do the work that is your hobby or at least you enjoy doing it.
    2-Diversify your life activities and do adventurous things.
    3- Get leave from your work ad do travel and traveling adventurously is the best thing.
    4- always look for growth in everything; life, mental age, relations, work, activities.

• Like Like x 1
  15. marcus47

marcus47
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Enthusiasm without experience is bad for any types of works. Stabilization in enthusiasm is much harder but if you not lose hope and keep it continues. You will be must achieve your destination. Keep observe before start any type of work.

16. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Why do you say that, is it not better to be enthusiastic, whether or not you are experienced? An enthusiastic person will be keen to get experience where as someone who isn't enthusiastic won't be keen to do anything.