How to build a website for getting good page rank?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by martinhames, Jul 6, 2010.

1. martinhames

martinhames
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Everyone knows the importance of creating a website that is SEO-friendly. I was planning to develop an SEO-friendly site. But, my friend told me that I should also consider PageRank as an important factor while setting up a site. He also told me that it is very easy to come up with a site up to PR5 or PR6. But, I did not understand how to push PR. My site will be an informational resource. There are no links going outside the site till now. How do I go about it? Should I link the site to other website to get high PR?

2. John Million

John Million
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes. You should certainly have links from other sites to your own. Ideally the sites you link from will also have high page rankings thus increasing your own PR in the eyes of the search engine. Posting links on blogs, comments and in articles are some other ways to go about this, but this is extremely demanding in terms of time. If you have original and relevant content you should be fine.

3. DamienGreen

DamienGreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

I would consider visiting high page rank sites and paying for back links, this is the best way to do this and you will find it's a lot harder to do this for free. If you do it for free you may have to put other peoples back link on your website as well.

So in short if you want to gain a high page rank fast paying is the best way.

As I'm writing this i remember another way you can do this, a blog would be perfect, posting your blog articles on other websites and having a back link from every article will really help your page rank and the articles will help with other SEO aspects as well.

Thanks,
    Damien

4. brownnataly21

brownnataly21
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To page rank you need some SEO work which includes link building, directory submission, article writing and blog comments and all the rest. It takes time and effort to do it.

5. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To get higher PR, you need dofollow backlink, mean the link from other site that point to your site. OBL are not helping on your PR

6. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't think article marketing has been mentioned yet, martin. You can submit articles to various article directories that are related to your site's subject. When they are picked up, that will help create more backlinks for you. It's not an overnight process and takes a lot of time and effort to build up to a PR5 or 6, so don't expect miracles. Having original content will be a great help to you. You can also set up social networking accounts like Twitter and a Facebook Fan Page for your site and raise interest in it via that.

7. Emma

Emma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Don't buy links. You'll get caught and penalized. An easy way to do it is go around to different sites and contribute. You can find blogs which allow dofollow links when you comment. Most forums allow you to have a dofollow link in your signature. You can write articles and leave your link in the author resource box.

8. PaulPinnacle

PaulPinnacle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm not sure where to start here.

Firstly, read up on PageRank to understand what it is and how it works (the original PR patent application is still a great document, although the factors have developed a great deal since Larry Page's original incarnation). PageRank is an unknown factor (don't confuse PR with TPR/toolbar PR) that gives an (in the case of TPR, a very rough) algorithmic evaluation of links. You can't really 'build a website for getting good PageRank', other than making it a great website that people want to link to (slight caveat in that adding more content/pages does produce PR). Giving your friend the benefit of the doubt, perhaps they meant that you should ensure you've got your site architecture set up to best utilise the link equity that you do have (e.g. ensure that the focus is on your most important pages, sending them the most PageRank from internal links). The days of PR sculpting using 'nofollow' are long gone, but intelligent architecture still plays (more than ever) a very important role (or should) in site design and performance.

All that said, looking at PR in isolation is never a good idea. Things are far more complicated than 'PR' and getting hung up on a single element can do more harm than good. People go out link building where their sole aim is "sites with +PR4" (a throwback to the days when GWMT only showed +PR4 backlinks), when they'd probably enjoy far more success if they focused on more relevant factors like authority (lots of links from lots of sources), trust (links from trusted sources) [note the difference: you can be trusted without being authoritative and vice versa], website relevancy, page content, etc. etc. (I'm not saying 'ignore' PR, just look at the bigger picture and don't get hung up on PR as many do).

As for it being 'easy' to come up with a PR6... he's either going to make an absolute fortune in SEO or he's wrong. I'll let you decide. (To put it in context, BAF was a PR6 site at the time of the last update)

9. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Like Paul said, PR is really complicated thing. Even I myself can't fully understand it.
    And to be honest, I don't think you can build a site with a sole purpose of getting PR.

To add up on this, BAF was founded back in 2007. So PR6 is almost 3 years in the making. And is that what your friend call "easy"?

10. navast2010

navast2010
    uix_expand uix_collapse

good articles, high quality links, if you try your best to finish this, maybe about few months, your website will get high PR

11. martha

martha
    uix_expand uix_collapse

12. David Messi

David Messi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

High Pr building

You need to get backlinks (paid or free) from the high authority websites in the respective niches. I noticed that these links are what are getting my competitors to the top of the Google ranking.