How To Build A Simple Niche Website

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by ShawnLim, Mar 24, 2009.

1. ShawnLim

ShawnLim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello, I'm currently thinking of targeting a niche market.
    I do not want to use a simple one-page lead capture page
    as my landing page. Instead, I would like to create more value
    for my visitors by using quality information.

Of course, the website I'm going to build should be simple because
    I've got no knowledge in designing a good website.

And I'm promoting affiliate products in this niche.

Do anyone of you here has any idea about this kind of website?
    Any example to show me? Thanks

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Shawn, have you considered using a blogging script such as http://wordpress.org/? This will allow you to easily add content and interact with your visitors. It also provides for static pages that you could use to promote and sell your product.

You can see an example of something similar in use at http://www.seobook.com.

3. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think that there are already a lot of these websites Shawn. Since we don't know what particular niche that you're referring to, the easiest way to find samples of these websites would be to google them. You would then get a rough idea of how people involved with the same niche builds their websites.

4. ShawnLim

ShawnLim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello, thanks for your suggestions.

I already have a blog and don't wish to create another as the niche I'm going into
    is really a micro niche and it has nothing much to talk about unless I expand it to
    a larger market.

Another reason I don't choose blog is that if you create a blog, you must constantly
    update it. It becomes a burden for me because I have to keep adding fresh and
    quality content into it.

Although that blog is a great marketing tool. But in my view, you cannot handle too
    many blogs in the same time.

Thanks a lot for your suggestion Fergal. And Nazreen, I've found the kind of websites
    I want here in this forum. There are a lot in Innovative Business Start-Ups & Websites
    section. I will look through them.

Thanks again.

5. wussa

wussa
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Shawn,
    my suggestion is to use a simple purpose made template and edit from HTML. If you know a bit of SEO then optimizing it woudn't be to hard. Plus its also light. See an example of my niche site about turtle You can also just type "ma daerah" on your browser and it will take you directly to my site. There was supposed to have adsense on it but I am taking me time in using the correct blending method:)
    Wussa

6. realitybites.in

realitybites.in
    uix_expand uix_collapse

@ shawn why don't use free cms script such as joomla ,maboo, wordpress,and SilverStripe ,for this scripts there r lot of free and paid templates available on net
    why don't u look at silverstripe this is the new cms script and much better than others by the way barackobama website is maid from this script only
    and designing a silverstripe template is also very easy

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'd never heard of http://www.silverstripe.com/ before, the fact that they did the Obama Convention site is very impressive. Have you used their CMS yourself, if so what was your experience of it?

8. realitybites.in

realitybites.in
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i have not used it for any website till now...i have used it in my comp using wamp server it was impressive

think u like some template monster template ust download that template and convert it into silverstrip template and user dynamic website is ready if u want download the script then visite http://www.silverstripe.org/ where u can download it

9. Violet

Violet
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If it is easy as you make it seem, I'll give it a shot. What do I have to lose? I always giving new tools a try.

10. MH Vishal

MH Vishal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is a great for the entrepreneur thats just starting out some decent money to be made if you have the time and inclination. Usually this sets up for bigger things such as webdevelopment. A great stepping stone.

11. lilyariel

lilyariel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

wordpress will be your first choice, also you can built a blog on blogger.com which is simple

12. simplyjo

simplyjo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well I have done affiliate marketing before and can help you with landing pages.
    Just ensure your page has the following -
    1. Call to action words like 'click here now', 'click here to buy' etc.
    2. Content (Maybe stories on how the e-book/product helped you)
    3. Attractive banners
    And you are on your way to minting money in no time :)

13. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum simplyjo, I hope you enjoy your time at our personal success and business forum.

That's great advice. I'm often surprised by marketing material, both online and offline, that does not have a call to action. Spending money on marketing and advertising without including a call to action is a wasted opportunity.