How To Boost my site traffic?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Gustavo, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Ourbusinessladder

Ourbusinessladder
    uix_expand uix_collapse

you may not have the information in the meta description, your visitors searching for. Rewrite your meta description and also the title tag. Have a unique meta description and title in each page.

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Google no longer uses the Title Tag and meta tags as ranking factors, although some others do. What the Title tag and Description meta tag do is help to convince searchers that you have what they are looking for. So, although they can help boost traffic for a website that already has a high ranking, the website would have to get a high ranking first, and the Title tag and meta tags are unlikely to help with that.

3. Ourbusinessladder

Ourbusinessladder
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The query is that not getting traffic, though most of the keywords are ranking in top 10 positions. I have suggested to modify the meta description tag as it will help to improve CTR.

4. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Are you sure about this? As far as I was aware the title is still one of the most important ranking factors.

5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

In a Google Hangout, John Mueller said this:
    With that in mind, I would say that the Title tags should contain the relevant keyword, but it's not worth stressing over it.. Mr. Mueller also said this:

I have seen many cases with ranking factors where people think, or give the impression, that this is exactly what is going to happen. Whether it is keyword density, ,edu links, tags, or any one of the 200 ranking factors, everyone wants to find that one thing they can focus on that will get them to the top of Google's ranking. But, as Mr. Mueller said, "that is not going to happen".

6. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Ok, but you did say:
    Which isn't what John said and Google advises:
    https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/35769

I know John quite well and have met him a number of times and it is always difficult to get a straight answer out of him.

The title is worth stressing over. This doesn't mean it's the only thing you should be focusing on but I've seen ranking both climb and plummet because people play with their page titles. All the tests I've carried out over many years show that the right page title can give you a big boost. The problem is most people don't know how to write a good page title.

• Like Like x 1
    #46 fisicx, Nov 25, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
  7. Ourbusinessladder

Ourbusinessladder
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Does Google consider title tag as a ranking factor? As i know, title tag plays an important role in improving CTR.

8. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

During Matt Cutts tenure, it was believed that it was not, but in one of my previous posts, I pointed out that John Mueller now says that it is. In fisicx's post above, he links to the General Guidelines, which say your title should be "descriptive, specific and accurate", but say nothing about their importance as a ranking factor. A properly written Title tag, however, does, as you said, play an important role in improving CTR. Taking the other ranking factors into account, a highly ranked web page with a properly written Title tag and Description meta tag will most likely get a higher CTR than one with a poorly written Title and Description.

9. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

The page title is one of the most important ranking signals. No iffs and buts. You can easily test this. Take a page that ranks well and change the title. Your ranking will drop, in many cases it will plummet.

It's the very first thing in Google's own SEO guidelines - that's how important it is.

10. Himani Mahajan

Himani Mahajan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To boost the site traffic off page optimization techniques can be used such as link building,social media,social bookmarking.By sharing content on facebook,twitter you can promote your site.

11. mallesh

mallesh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are various ways to boost traffic to the website. Some of them are:
    1. By Doing Social Media(Facebook, Twitter,Google+,LinkedIn, Instagram) activities .
    2. By Doing Press Releases.
    3. By Creating Channels in the YouTube regarding your Website/Business.

12. Neha Acharya

Neha Acharya
    uix_expand uix_collapse

With the persistent development of innovation and the progressions that are happening in the realm of showcasing, organizations have begun to audit their publicizing strategies. Free ways for getting leads are,
    Content Marketing
    Customer referral
    SEO, SEM and PPC
    Cross Promotion
    Social media marketing
    Direct Mailing
    The greater part of the organizations are attempting to keep a tab on every single online medium to discover leads. Online lead generation is simple and additionally you can cover worldwide zone in sensible time.
    There are also some tools which gives business leads such as, Leadlake and Growbots.

13. Smith-K

Smith-K
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Try to include LSI keywords on your pages and also I would focus on adding content with atleast 1k words. This way you have a scope of targeting many long tail keywords. You must have noticed lately that many of the pages that are ranking have content that is 1000 plus words long.

14. Naina Patel

Naina Patel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do advertising such as Content Writing, Email Marketing, Social Media Marketing or get the SEO done. This can help you a lot in getting the leads and attracting them. The information you write should be of very good quality i.e it should be worth reading. You can get the respective data on business tools such as VisitorTrack or Leadlake. You can get good data on it with updated information.