How to Boost Bounce Rate on my Website?

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by Furqan Arshad, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Furqan Arshad

Furqan Arshad
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

I need a favor. I have been promoting my products using facebook ads and google adwords but not getting good sales despite spending daily $20 I am unable to get even 1 sale per day.

Scenario:

The bounce rate of people coming on my website using Iphone devices is 97% which is alarming. Because I have been working hard to improve the mobile performance of my website and still can't figure out what is the issue with ads, and mobile version of my website.

Please share a best tool to optimize a magento website for mobile. Or any help.

Thanks

P.S. I can share my website URL in private if anyone is serious in helping. I can also help you back when you need me.

2. Chris Janda

Chris Janda
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Furquan,

I will be happy to take a look at your bounce rate. Please send me the link to your website.

In regards to optimizing a Magento website for mobile, I am not sure at this time. However, I will see if I can find some low hanging fruit to knock out first.

Could you also share a list of the pages where your bounce rate is so high? That will help pinpoint other issues that might be going on.

I look forward to your response,

Chris

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

You don't really want to boost your bounce rate, since it's already almost 100%. Even with a smaller bounce rate, why would you want to increase the number of visitors who leave your site as soon as they see it? What you want to do is reduce your bounce rate.
    Optimizing your site for mobile may not help, depending on what the issue is. It could be that visitors are not finding what they are expecting to find based on the content of the ads. We would need to take a look at both to determine if this is the problem. If that can be eliminated as the cause, only then would we look at the site itself. I am also curious why you specified IPhone devices. Is the problem occurring with Android and Windows devices as well?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Furqan Arshad

Furqan Arshad
    uix_expand uix_collapse

thanks for the reply.

I said I want to improve bounce rate which I mean decreasing it. As for today the bounce rate from people coming to my website using Iphone was 93%. I surely want to decrease it to at least 60% so that people can at least visit some pages and see if they like some products we sell.

Secondly, on android the bounce rate is 89% which is not a good one but I focused Iphone devices because almost 75% of users coming to my website using facebook ads are Iphone Users and my ad is focusing USA and Canada.

I have checked my ad and made sure it is following the Facebook ads policies. Its carousal ad containing 10 images of 600x600 pixel photos.

Thanks in advance

5. Furqan Arshad

Furqan Arshad
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey

I am sending you the website URL and also some pages where the bounce rate is so much high. Thanks in advance for the help.

Much Appreciated.

6. Ourbusinessladder

Ourbusinessladder
    uix_expand uix_collapse

the bounce rate would be high if the site is not easily navigable. use power words to gain the attention of the visitors and to made the reading interesting. Use colourful images and short videos to improve the engagement of the users in your site.

7. Jennina Alvizo

Jennina Alvizo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi.

More often than not, when websites receive high bounce rates it's because of two things:
    1. The content displayed in the website did not fulfill the web user's search intent
    2. Your site's page load speed is slow

I suggest you re-assess your ads as well as the content you give your site visitors first. Make sure that your ads are not misleading and then evaluate all the information displayed in your landing page. - Is it helpful? Is it relevant? Are your call to actions clear and understandable?
    Remember that proper formatting also goes a long way when optimizing landing pages. Web users tend to just skim through a site's content so it is more desirable that you make use of short paragraphs and bullet points to help people easily find what they're looking for.

And since your site is an e-commerce website, plus the bounce rates you receive are from mobile (specifically Iphone) users, maybe you should double check your site's mobile optimization. Make sure that all the graphical content you display in your site are optimized. This can help greatly in boosting page load speed.

Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Furqan Arshad

Furqan Arshad
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for a detailed reply about the issue I am facing with my Facebook ads. We have one of the best hosting service for our ecommerce shop and we pay $60 per month for only hosting. Which means the speed issue is not on our website because I have checked with several speed testing tools. I believe the issue is with mobile design. I am focusing on improving the design.

9. Alan Ron

Alan Ron
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When you begin to see that your bounce rate is increasing, that's a high time you start redesigning your site and strategies. Few easy strategies that can boost up your bounce rate are:
    1. Show quality content to attract the right visitors
    2. Avoid Popups
    3. Make your site Mobile-friendly
    4. Speeding up your page loading time
    5. Using targeted keywords
    6. Making strategies to attract right audience