How to Become Consistent?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by veritasvisions, Aug 22, 2015.

1. veritasvisions

veritasvisions
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think the main reason for success is consistency. It's much easier to be consistent on a daily basis rather then working really hard a few days to "gain momentum". Think about it this way. Imagine, instead of brushing your teeth 2 times a day, you brushed them one time a week for 3 hours. That would suck right? Well, that's exactly like success. It's much easier to just do what you are supposed to do for the day.

2. pwarbi

pwarbi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Consistency is certainly key in business and its something that a lot of people strive for but don't achieve for various reasons.

People these days are more interested in getting rich quick, making as much as they can in a short period of time, and not thinking about the future, when more often than not, long term, consistent gains will make more than any short term plan.

• Like Like x 1
  3. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Consistency is really vital in everything we do, specially in the aspect of working. If you are not going to be consistent with working hard, how can you be very successful then? Anything worth having requires a lot of patience and effort. Everyday, make sure you give all your 100% in your job.

• Like Like x 1
  4. veritasvisions

veritasvisions
    uix_expand uix_collapse

agree with both of you

5. steveposter

steveposter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To be consistent it will requires hardworking and effort to achieve your goal.

• Like Like x 1
  6. kitchie

kitchie
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm a failure when it comes to consistency. In my diet, in everyday's work, being on time and etc.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Richard Johnson

Richard Johnson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What matters is knowing more or being better today than you were yesterday. Next time you feel the urge to skip a day of practice, remember, you can do a little and it won’t be cheating. Practicing consistently isn’t difficult. What’s difficult is practicing something every day that you don’t really want to, and in that case you probably shouldn’t be practicing.

8. Keity

Keity
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think consistency doesn't come ultimately. For this needs to work hard, give value to the time and has to be over sincere.

9. kaian

kaian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How to be consistent you asked? Start small each day until you build your own manageable routines that would not feel like work or routine at all. Do not push too hard if you think you are not ready yet. It may take time for some but forcing yourself would only make it even difficult to establish.

10. richost

richost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Start your day with a plan, know your main objective, do one thing at a time however practicing this everyday is little difficult.

11. veritasvisions

veritasvisions
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think it will always feel like work. I think what you mean is create a habit.

12. veritasvisions

veritasvisions
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You have to make an effort to create habits.

13. kitchie

kitchie
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the advice, and I know that it takes 21 days to make a habit and I am failing on my 1st week of trying..

14. Roselli Taylor

Roselli Taylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Consistency is one of those vague attributes that everyone wants, but few people actually manage to gain. Don't worry! As long as you set specific goals and boundaries to be specific towards, you'll find that you'll be more likely to actually be consistent.

15. m0n2k

m0n2k
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That sounds about right. There's no point in someone slacking off most of the time then trying to buckle down at the last minute. I find it a lot easier to be consistent and diligent. This is really good business advice. Being consistent is a must.

16. kaian

kaian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is up to you because you are the one involved in whatever work it is. Making it feel like work rests on you and your outlook. How you view it depends on the set of values, beliefs and knowledge you have. I do not want to say it is a habit I am just going for the idea of establishing a routine first to make it manageable and not seem like work at all.

17. Brianvoges

Brianvoges
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What matters is knowing more or being better today than you were yesterday. Next time you feel the urge to skip a day of practice, remember, you can do a little and it won’t be cheating. Practicing consistently isn’t difficult. What’s difficult is practicing something every day that you don’t really want to, and in that case you probably shouldn’t be practicing.

18. manishsqrt

manishsqrt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Consistency can be achieved through regular practice, I usually follow a rule to be more consistent and the rule is to do the toughest part of any work at first. Normally people loose a task and run away due to this tough part only. Winning over it as a challenge will raise your interest in the work and will make you more consistent. Have a will power to win this part and rest will be followed easily.

19. cyrusv

cyrusv
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have never been consistent in my work too, until I started my own business.. That's when everything changed. I have to be consistently producing results and sales.

20. cwvps

cwvps
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In order to have continual consistency, you need to be continually motivated. Sure, there will be days when being consistent will be impossible, days when unpredictable things happen, but the important thing is to get back on the track as soon as possible. For this, you need motivation and the best motivation, in my opinion, is when you do the things you love or are passionate about.