How to become a sucessful affiliate marketer ?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by simplyjo, Jun 24, 2009.

1. simplyjo

simplyjo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Friends,

I've done some article marketing with clickbank products and have had some success... but not a lot. Any tips which sucessful marketers would like to share here would be of great help.

Thanks,
    Jo
    PS.. I am not looking at investing money in PPC

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Jo, I would suggest that the first step is to decide on a particular niche that interests you. Then create a site or blog around that niche and promote your affiliate offers on your site or blog.

You would link your articles to your site, rather than directly to the affiliate programme. This will allow you to constantly tweak your affiliate offers and experiment to find out what works best on your site. The links in your articles will still help as they are going back to your site or blog. You obviously can't do all of this when the links in your articles go directly to the affiliate programmes.

Another disadvantage with linking articles directly to your affiliate programmes, is that if the affiliate offer ends, your link will be wasted. If the link is to your site, you can replace the offer with something else and still benefit from the link.

Please let me know your thoughts on this and I will give you some further ideas.

Do you have a particular niche that interests you?

3. ZakShow

ZakShow
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There is a lot of tips and strategies to follow in order to be successful in Internet marketing, Affiliate marketing is a lucrative way to earn money online. But being successful in affiliate marketing is not easy and requires hard work. Many newbie affiliate marketers may think that as the merchant is providing everything, it is very easy to achieve success and make money. But this is not true. To be successful, the marketer has to make proper planning, do research and work very hard.

I wrote an article about this topic back in 2008, it can help you a bit and it can be found here.

If you are trying to be successful in affiliate marketing without a website, this may be your way to go.

4. JBMedia

JBMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The best tip I can give you is don't give up! Find a niche that you are truly interested in and have some knowledge about. If you don't have knowledge about the particular niche, but find yourself seriously interested in it, do some research. It will ALWAYS help you to have an idea of what exactly the product you are trying to promote is. It shows you know what your talking about.

Article writing is a great way of promoting affiliate products. Just don't give up on it.. The more articles you write, the better you get at writing them. Therefore, more than likely, the more sales you'll receive from your articles. Also the more unique articles you have "out here" for the same type of product will definitely help with your exposure and sales.

You said you are not interested in PPC advertising. Have you tried forum advertising your products? Best way of doing this is by using your signature link and posting quite often in the forums of your choice. Make a text link of the product, and think of a catchy title or phrase that could catch someones eyes and make them click on your link.

The #1 thing to remember when affiliate marketing though is to make sure you select a product that, in a way, will sell itself. You can get the users to go to the site, but if the site can't close the deal regardless, nobody makes money. End of story. So make sure you do some research and choose wise products to promote that you feel can somewhat sell themselves.

Hope this helps a little bit.
    -Jesse

5. asad

asad
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Another way is make a price comparison website for affiliates. Build links for your products and list price related to that product from different stores. Make backlinks for that product link in articles and blogs. In this way you can safe from the point that Fergal listed

6. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Asad, this seems to be a very old thread I guess Jo would've implemented the tips given by other members and would be doing good by now.

• Like Like x 1
  7. asad

asad
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks. Actually i came across this thread by reading some other forum post's Fergel reply. So replied that.