How to become a savvy business man

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Arcaign, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Arcaign

Arcaign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello, I will be the first to admit that while starting and launching a business is fun and exciting, I am now charting into unfamiliar territory when discussing business and partnership opportunities here and abroad.

I want to be able to inform myself and protect my company and brand by gaining helpful knowledge. Are there any resources online that can help me? Does anybody here have helpful advice that you can pass along?

Your help is very much appreciate.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Honestly I wouldn't worry too much about gaining a general knowledge of business. Your best source of knowledge will come from direct experience and from actually doing business. The one thing that I would recommend is that you keep up to date with business news in your industry by reading relevant blogs and trade journals from that industry. You could also benefit from keeping up to date with national and international business news by regularly reading the business sections of quality broadsheet newspapers.

Visiting and participating on business forums like this one will also be very helpful in improving your knowledge of practical business reality by learning from the direct experience of those already in business.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Arcaign

Arcaign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks Fergal, that's great advice. BAF is at the top of my business resources and much of what I have learnt thus far I have read on this forum.

4. Casey

Casey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Regarding partnership opportunities abroad, try to educate yourself as much as possible on how is business conducted in that specific country. Read blogs, search the web for studies and researches. Good Luck.

5. ladydeluxehotel

ladydeluxehotel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Experience and reading is gonna be your teacher to become a savvy businessman. Learn how to be on the competition with the acceptance of taking risks, losing and succeeding. From a small business, experience on how it would be successful, experience on your customers, experience against your competitors will teach you to value every pennies you'd spent on your business, it will teach you how to become more competent and how to be on top. Additional is the learning's you'll get from reading books and articles from the net.

6. aiyz

aiyz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Not all the time we have to be business-savvy so that our business will succeed. What we should do instead is to study our decisions before implementing them so that we will know both the advantages and the disadvantages. When starting out, we need to take all chances and ensure that we can gain from them.

7. vaishnavij158

vaishnavij158
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Business savy is a word that normally people associate with workholic people. There are some NRI businessmen who lead the path and totally justify to the sentence of business savy people. Businessman like P Mohamed Ali and MA Yusuffali are the leading example of businessman who lead as an example for people. P Mohamed Ali is the MD and founder of Galfar cosntruction and Yusuffali is the founder of LuLu group