How to becom a website developer/designer?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by Avinash Gupta, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Avinash Gupta

Avinash Gupta
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I was thinking about becoming a website developer/designer and was wondering how much new developers charge their clients?

2. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

They charge as much as the client is willing to pay. The better you are the better the client the more more you can charge.

Give yourself 2 years to learn the skills required to properly design and develop a website.

3. vwebdevelopment

vwebdevelopment
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Website designers are often concerned about their tangible skills, like hardcore Photoshop skills or a mastery of jQuery. However, becoming successful in the field of web design requires more than just having the right equipment or a wonderful grip on design. There are some very important things that any aspiring web designer should keep in mind when you're building your professional repertoire. There are some points

4. bmwillsmith

bmwillsmith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Web Designer and Developer are both different fields, you can get knowledge on both domains but become expertise in any one domain. So Web designer also named with website designer, UI Designer, User Interface designer, graphic designer etc., Web designer work is to create web templates using some tools like Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator etc., and to create art works like Logo, Banners, brochures.

Web developers mainly look into coding, dealing with database, interactive websites, portal development, application development etc., But you can learn both technologies with your interest.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jaffrey Eric

Jaffrey Eric
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi bmwillsmith,
    I agree with you, one person can expert in one field only either in web development or web designing.
    I am a PHP developer with 3 years of experience. I have knowledge about web designing but expertise in web development.
    Thanks!!

6. Abdulrahman

Abdulrahman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's really good decision but it really takes a time to say that I'm a web developer and start charging your clients :)
    Give yourself a chance to learn all the basics that will qualify you to become a web designer then start thinking about the money :)

Excited to see you in the top ;)
    Abdelrhman

7. John Blake

John Blake
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, I know few people who do both: graphic design and web development, but it's true - none of them is really good in both fields. To design a website you also need quite different tools like: ps, ai or Axure, UXPin and you need to know well ux (user experiance). To developp webiste - different tools. But it's also nice if graphic deisgner is familiar with development stuff and developer knows basics in graphic design.

8. rf-harris

rf-harris
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In any field to make a name for yourself you need lots of practice and hard work and in website designing the first thing is most important, the more practice you do, better it will be for you. Plus you can take lots of help from the internet by getting help from forums like this one and you can also find really useful tutorials on youtube.