How To Beat .Gov Sites?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by borgninestallone, Mar 5, 2013.

1. borgninestallone

borgninestallone
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

For years my site was ranking next to the .gov site for one of my keyword. How to beat .gov and bring my site before .gov domains. Will it be possible.? Since i have heard that .gov is very much highly information and also have high page rank. My site was ranking in 5th position in Google.com.au and the before 4 sites were .gov domains. My keyword is "ENS Visa". Please check this keyword in Google.com.au and let me know your suggestions and advise.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The first thing I would do is concentrate on improving your site and how it helps your members. Try and make it more helpful to your members than the .gov sites you are competing with. Next look at what sites are linking to those .gov sites. Then contact those sites and ask them if they will also link to you.

3. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can be on top of any sites it just about the value that your site provides to visitors that would determine your authority over gov sites. You might have seen some sites ranking above wikipedia for certain keywords. Have you been adding content on the site regularly. You should work on adding more fresh and quality content on the site and see the improvements in your rankings.

4. ramiszaro

ramiszaro
    uix_expand uix_collapse

just start working on your site with relevancy then you can easily beat government sites because its helps to bring up more visitors to the site by that you can make your site popular in search engines.

5. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just write down some interesting articles in your site or put some eye-catching contents in your site. Put some more unique keywords which will boost your traffic in search engines. It's just a matter of time.