How to be successful online?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by ganio78, Jan 31, 2008.

1. ganio78

ganio78
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This may sound very similar to all you but this is new to me. I want to know that how can one earn money from Google and other sites. I have read a lot but I don’t know whether all that stuff really works or they just say it. The use of net to earn money has become widespread. I want to know if you people have stumbled on any good ways to make it going great’s guns online.
    Hope that you would suggest me something…… which is useful.

2. teesun

teesun
    uix_expand uix_collapse

All people ask the same question and get many replies to their queries, don’t know whether there are really benefited. There are lots of ways to make it going online but if my opinion is to be considered I think that you should make a good research before you indulge in anything. I had come across a good site which provided me tools to be successful online.It gave me ideas to make money online in many ways. If you are serious in making money online then you should have a go at it. It does not charge you to visit but may be you can get charged with success and be successful online.
    Cheers to your online success!

3. $Tycoon$

$Tycoon$
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One of the greatest advantages of making money online is that you dont need to have a good amount of knowledge from computers....

Just keep your heads up and have an eye for good niches, you'll be up there soon.

4. pendelton

pendelton
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Truthfully you do not really need a lot of knowledge, only a willingness to learn. As far as software goes there are places that you can get everything you need for free, it would be a lot of sites to list.
    To design you own graphics use The GIMP, http://www.gimp.org the open source version of photoshop. For 3D stuff try K3D, although I think this changed it's name. Blender, if you can learn the interface, I have heard is a good 3D program, but the layout, on first inspection turned me off.

The other major thing you need is the ability to shake failure off. If your first niche doesn't work well, put it on auto pilot and start another, rinse and repeat till you hit your personal gold mine.

#4 pendelton, Feb 14, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2008
  5. tudge

tudge
    uix_expand uix_collapse

wow...thats a specific and good advice from u, pendelton.I bet u earned alot through online biz..how long have u been in this biz?

6. pendelton

pendelton
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks tudge.

Online, a few hundred is all, I haven't been doing it all that long. Off line, I've made a good living, but I am getting pretty burned out on all the crap that goes along with a brick and mortar business front. Permits, building inspections, city tax, state tax, quarterly tax estimates, worker's compensation, federal unemployment taxes, and state too, tax matching on social security and medicare, on and on.

Online the principals are mostly the same, although the reach is much much better.

A lot of the open source programs I'll mention I used in place of the pay ones, like GIMP for PS, and Abiword or OpenOffice in place of Corel or MS pay programs. I am a cheap person in that respect, afterall, why buy a program when you can look around for free open source programs that work just as well?

On the failure, well, I have shaken off my fair share. I have had several failed businesses. The reasons for their failures range from corporations stepping in to my area, like the growth of Wal Mart every freaking where, to just plain stupid mistakes I made miscalculating the need/want for my services. It happens, you learn, and move on.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for sharing so much of your actual experience with us pendelton. It will be very helpful to anyone just starting out. I hear where you are coming from in relation to bricks and mortar businesses. Governments and local authorities can often impose so many obstacles and costs on new and established businesses that it can make you feel that it is not worth it. It's at times like these that it can be motivational to think of the wider social benefits that your business brings to your local community and to feel proud of that.

8. abraxus

abraxus
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well..i'm totally new to online business and i try everything that can bring fortune to me starting from very little payment to the one that promise you the star and the moon. Sometimes good offer just too good to be true. Don't just looking for something that promise you big bucks in short period..do not forget that something that pay you little is not always the bad one. Online business is trial and error..after a few experience you will get the trend.

9. tudge

tudge
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yeah pendelton,how kind of you to share your real life experience. I can see that you had failed several times. It is actually good when we failed, its because we will learn more from our mistakes and we'll try to avoid them in the future! By the way, online bussiness is way easier than offline,since we dont have to be face to face with our customer.We can just be low profile and proceed quietly.

10. pendelton

pendelton
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

tudge, that is one of the things I actually enjoyed was the face to face transactions. As far as being easier, oh yes, I can not agree more. My commute to work has also saved me plenty of gas money too!

Fergal, you are welcome, you have created a place to do that.

abraxus, do not try everything, you will never make more than a few bucks here and there that way. Focus on one set of projects at first, no more than five, unless you can handle it. I work on five projects per day, devoting an hour to each, five days per week, then, using the right software, the blog updates, for example, can be automatically done on the sixth and seventh days while you are enjoying yourself. When these are making what I have set as my goal I will drop the time on them to maybe 15 minutes per day. I will go back to my list and reevaluate, to see if they are still marketable. Taking five more I will do it all over. That is my overall method. When all is said and done I will have twenty money making projects going, working on none of them for more than 15 minutes per day five days per week. I also have a hour per day I use as a buffer, just in case I need more time for my internet activities. Right now I use this hour to post on forums. :)

I am in a rare boat though, I have the money sitting to the side to sit and do things like this. If you are working a full time job, or going to school, you can adjust the time you spend as this method is very scalable.

• Like Like x 1
  11. mark-20

mark-20
    uix_expand uix_collapse

if you have a sucessfull website about anything say videos a forum websites or for downloads etc. if you had a site like that, that gets alot of hits say 100 unique a day you would make a good bit on advertiseing.the handy thing on the inetnet you cant limit your self. if you are wanting to go down the route of forum posting a would suggest you work for a site before trying it yourself and wasteing money pm me if you are intrested in knowing a few forum posting sites

12. sanith009

sanith009
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, I think that the net will be the most appropriate way to make money for you .In this way you can get earnings without making physical exertion. But, you should be careful as there are many loopholes online. Creating a video sharing website good idea to earn money. It will take 24 Hours and you can start earning immediately with the help of www.omnisoftsol.com.. It develops web solutions designed to make you serious profits. His VidsharePro is a video sharing script that not only allows anyone to start a video sharing website, but also allows anyone to sell digital as well as physical products on their video sharing website.

13. pendelton

pendelton
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Check out the various open source content management systems, joomla, mambo, and the others, see if they have the plugins to do what you want. Some may be pay for, but they are usually cheaper overall than most other solutions.

14. BlueEew

BlueEew
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I suggest using Wordpress. They are easy to install, and easy to run and install plugins. Blogs have become highly popular and make lots of money if you work on them. Blogs also can be sold. :)