How to be a successful businesman

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by jenny9, Feb 10, 2010.

1. jenny9

jenny9
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Every one like success.We do business to earn the money and profit.I know other small business owners who've experienced unprecedented growth this year. I'm talking growth that would be considered stellar in a good economy. Even my own revenues have almost doubled again this year.
    So, what are successful entrepreneurs doing differently? Based on my experience and observations here's a list of 9 things successful small business owner are doing that you can do too…

1) Forget about the state of the economy
    2) Offer something new.
    3) Stop guessing.
    4) Embrace technology.
    5) Build your list.
    6) Provide value.
    7) Embrace mixed media marketing.
    8) Keep learning.
    9) Stop doing it all yourself.

Read more.

#1 jenny9, Feb 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2010
  2. amisha12

amisha12
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This would be helpful for the newbie...thanks for sharing

3. kittelsoncarpo

kittelsoncarpo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's very informative.Thanks for that. For me, to be success in business, the businessman should be honest to its customers to gain loyalty of the customers and also the businessman should do hands-on in his/her business.

4. DEADMAN

DEADMAN
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very true.

Even if you learnt to do, you should never stop learning. For example. If you've got courses with Marketing Strategy, you never should stop learning new ideas and innovations related to it and not overacting with the course actually.

Also, if you try to do everything by yourself it won't help. Some work needs team work and can only be accomplished by strong team work. I believe one needs to understand the value of team to do the work effectively.

5. beverlyann59

beverlyann59
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for sharing this nice information.

6. sirajrasul

sirajrasul
    uix_expand uix_collapse

thank you for your information, learn and earn.....................

7. kittelsoncarpo

kittelsoncarpo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Any businessman that takes risks and gamble can be very successful in the future. But not every businessman gets lucky when taking the risks but they should also be very hardworking like the Chinese. Skills, talents, experience and logical thinking are also very important attributes that a business should contain.

8. aprillove

aprillove
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the share of great information. :D

9. stepheny

stepheny
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi

Put your plan into writing. You may have so many different business ideas, but until you put them into writing and create a business plan of your chosen idea, chances are those ideas will simply remain theoretical. By creating a business plan you will see clearly for yourself such important details as:

* The Background.
    1. Your company's core mission - what your company will be all about
    2. A description of your products /services

* The Operations.
    1. Your proposed manner of implementation
    2. The systems you will need
    3. Your logistics

Thanks

10. anatomymodel

anatomymodel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Believe in yourself.
    Hire the right people.
    Be money wise.
    Concentrate on the message.
    Keep the team motivated.
    Make mistakes.
    Be passionate.

11. chris34

chris34
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Hi

My concept of being a successful businessman comes from two things: legitimacy and sustainable profitability.

Legitimacy means having a professional setup that is not just a skeleton of what a company is. Having a proper office area, with organized employees, systems and regulations; a business that does not intersperse with personal assets and is completely autonomous of support from personal resources, and a business that will function whether or not I am there for a time (it will not halt in my absence).

Sustainable profitability means growing at a sustained pace with a stable disposition backed by secure assets and enough liquid capital. Its debts (if it has any) are outweighed by its assets, and its profitability ensures that as the business grows, there will be enough assets and capital to back ever-enlarging endeavors.

I want to build a legitimate organization characterized by sustained profitability. Only then can I call myself a Successful Businessman.

Thanks

12. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I admire your principles and business aspirations Chris. From now on I will work towards "legitimacy and sustainable profitability" when building my own business.

13. Judi

Judi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Stepheny's got the right idea....

You must have a plan. Even if you're into affiliate marketing only. Just think about it. You've got to have a plan.

You cannot build a list that you would not be able to leverage across all product that you plan to affiliate with. For example if you affiliate with a program that sells weight loss products and you build a list of people interested in losing weight.

You would probably not want to affiliate with a Forex Trading product, because the list you built for weight loss, would not be the same target market you'd want to reach with Forex Trading products.

But it you decide weight loss is what you want, then affiliate with other health related products -- people who want to lose weight want to be healthy in other areas of their life.

You've got to have a plan that makes sense. If you fail to plan -- you plan to fail.

You need an overall business plan if you really want success.

Best of luck!

Judi

14. michael84p

michael84p
    uix_expand uix_collapse

"9) Stop doing it all yourself." . And If you have not money to pay for the job?

15. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Then, first go and earn some and then try to invest that in it and it will give you double income.

16. businessappsguy

businessappsguy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wish I knew LOL.

Anyway that being said I am still trying and I believe success lies in hard work.

17. sachac

sachac
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nothing wrong with all the advice offered. Many great companies such as Hyatt, Cisco Systems, CNN and Fedex all started in a recession. A recession is actually a great business teacher. In tough times, to survive and grow, you must ensure that your business model is sound, you hire the right people and get the best out of them, be as frugal as possible and put in the long hours required to build any successful busness. Whe the economy brightens, you have a solid platform from which to springboard your business.

18. Julia Fox

Julia Fox
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Success story of the young CEO

hey !

Have you heard about the youngest CEO, Ephren Taylor? He earned his first million at the age of Sixteen. the story of this black millionaire can be your guide to become successful entrepreneur.

19. Clementine

Clementine
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Be willing to learn and persist even in hard times. Only those who finish the race can call themselves athletes.

Most importantly, mind your ethics.

20. flora

flora
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do what you love!
    Quality is always better than quantity (in terms of products)
    Be kind to costumers!