How to ask a question on Business Advice Forum!

Discussion in 'Business Advice Forum Best Practices' started by BA, Nov 10, 2015.

1. BA

BA
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Asking your question in the correct way, will ensure that you get much more helpful replies and suggestions from our members. When posting a question on the forum, please note the following;

Please Make Your Question Specific
    The more specific your question, the more helpful the replies will be.Questions such as "How can I make money online" or "How can I promote my site" are examples of questions that are too general, to elicit helpful responses. Books have been written on those subjects and our members are unlikely to give helpful answers in a single forum post.

Make Sure You Are Asking The Right Question
    When asking the question, make sure you are using the right terminology. If you want to know whether to structure your business as, for example, an LLC or a sole proprietorship, asking what type of business you should start will result in answers like, "Become an affiliate" or "Be a freelancer", which don't answer the question you wanted to ask.

Give Some Background Information
    Our members will be more likely to help you if you give some background information concerning your question. For example, if seeking suggestions to promote your site, give some information as to what you have done to promote your site to date and the results you have achieved. It would also help to give some info on your site and perhaps even the site URL. If you are asking for suggestions as to which business to start, please give a little info on your background, skills, experience and interests.
    Also, make sure the information you provide is related to the question you want to ask. Giving background information, and then asking a seemingly unrelated question can result in answers that are not what you were looking for.

Don't ask too many questions per thread
    "How can I increase traffic to my website?" and "How can I increase revenue from my website?" are two completely different questions. A member who has the experience to answer one of those questions, may have no idea how to answer the other. Those questions should be asked in two different threads and each thread should include the additional info outlined in the points above.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Rashedun

Rashedun
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is an excellent way to know and share business knowledge, but question need to specific and objective along with answer have to be actual and reliable.

3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader