How to advertise your forums!

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Entré, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Entré

Entré
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I wrote this guide to try and help forum administrators find new ways to advertise their forums. Please give me constructive criticism on my writing and ideology.

This is the biggest hurdle an administrator of a new forum has to jump. This is Everest. Advertising your forums is never easy but is something that can be accomplished. Advertising your forum takes a lot of effort, and hard work. However, never listen to people who say advertising costs money. NEVER. Because there are so many very effective ways that you can bring traffic and members to your website without dipping into the retirement fund.

I must say, before you even release your forums - you need to ask some of your close friends to become a member and start posting. Because members do not want to go into an empty forum, they want to go into a populated and active environment that has a lot of posts that they can talk on. So I would recommend getting at least 2 friends to start posting a lot. If you can not do that, then your forums will be empty. So what you can do is sign up for a promotion forum and usually, they have a currency system they may call it 'Forum $'. You should post around and make your presence clear and earn some of the forum dollars. With these dollars pay people to make posts on your forums. For example:

"10 Posts for 100 F$ on sitename.com"

This actually works. Although those people won't come back to your forums, they kick start it! More on promotion forums below.

Promotion Forums

There are several ways to advertise your forums. Most of these can be done by actually using other forums. Before you start you may want to get a paragraph made about why people should join your forums. You want to make it short, and it must tell them why they should join your forums. Let them know what your forum offers but be very clear. You may want to add a graphic to your post as well.

Once you have something like the above, then you are ready to go. Now to hit some promotion forums. I have prepared a list of promotion sites, that are reliable and actually do work. I used them for my forums and in one month I had 100 members and 4,000 posts. By the way, for the list of promotion forums below, I am not using a referral system or anything - I am trying to help you and am not interested in profit.

Click here for the list of promotion forums, register on them and then read on.

Use that very detailed list to advertise your forums. Also, you may notice that I added a topsite in there. Well I would recommend signing up for that also, I guarantee that it helps - it is also ran by me.

When you are on the promotion forums, post around - make yourself known. I can guarantee that you can make a lot of good friends on there. You will get friends who can make you graphics fast and free, friends that will join your forums and be active just because they like you.

Directories, Link Exchanges & SEO

Another way to have your forums viewed is by submitting your forums into forum directories. This helps a lot. Some people go through a stage of looking for a new community if they do not like their other one. They use directories to find their new home. It's simple really, just submit your forums into the directory. Some directories make you link back to them and supply a link to the page that you linked them on. Just make a new page or something and put their link on it and then put that in. There is no point in having your forum bombarded with links and banners.

Click here to go to a list of directories kindly made by me.

SEO is also something that gives your forums a lot more exposure, and members. Even if it is in the long run. SEO Stands for Search Engine Optimization - Wikipedia will explain more. To increase SEO, submit your forums into search engines. Click here to submit your forums to google. Also key words are a big impact on search engine results. If you can make your forums have the thread name in the URL, then do it. If someone googles: "how to get rich". Your forums may have a topic called "how to get rich". So you should make sure that your forums do this:

www.yourforums.com/thread/how-to-get-rich

onstead of

Continue reading on ForumPromo ..

• Like Like x 2
  2. EvanP

EvanP
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Great guide, going to read the rest on ForumPromo!

3. Entré

Entré
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You are welcome, thanks very much for the feedback. Please leave a comment on Forum Promo.

4. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very good guide Entre, it is really very well written adn very details.

Thanks

5. adamhumza

adamhumza
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is really very useful, thanks for this.

6. Entré

Entré
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you Sahil and Adam, I appreciate this greatly. I actually wrote it between 2 and 4 am one morning.

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Very good guide with very practical tips for forum owners Entré, thanks for sharing it with us. By the way the link to the YourForums page goes to a parked web page.

8. Entré

Entré
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah that is an example link, it doesn't look clear as the full guide is not on here. I can see how you got confused.
    If you go on to the blog and scroll to that part you will see that I am comparing it to other links for SEO purposes.

I greatly appreciate your feedback though, it means a lot to me.

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks Entré, please do let me know if you decide that you would like anything edited in your first post. I've also featured this thread.

10. DEADMAN

DEADMAN
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Worth post!

Thanks Entré for posting such material/information. Hope to see more of your such posting in Business Advice Forum. Keep it up!

11. mggc

mggc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Entré,

You have a good post. It's very informative and very useful for forum owners. Your forum is worth the read.

Thank you for sharing this with us. :)

12. Entré

Entré
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you very much :)

13. makatiofficespace

makatiofficespace
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think it's just the same as marketing a product or a service online and offline. Using sales promotion and advertisements to attract and gain audience is one of the common methods in marketing especially when talking about goods that are new to the public and to the market as well. Making it more narrow is the work to be done and I am thanking you for sharing this wonderful post to other members.

14. aprillove

aprillove
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Great, I have fun reading those guides and gather a lots of information and learnings. Thanks!

15. Entré

Entré
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you very much, I appreciate it.

16. khaleel

khaleel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Great guide going to use most of them

17. Shahrier

Shahrier
    uix_expand uix_collapse

phpBB3 does not have the topic titles in their links ;P

Anyways, nice article.

18. jkennedy86

jkennedy86
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Entre,

Thanks for the information.

19. gumrosin

gumrosin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good. I think these can help me. Thanks.

20. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

So interesting and useful post. Thank you so much, I've found answers to my questions. thank you!!!