How the business community attract by the real estate business now a days?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Iftikhar Anjum, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Iftikhar Anjum

Iftikhar Anjum
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Economy had a downfall from some previous years and people were almost think about to invest other than the real estate. But now the situation is back to the favor of it. Would people gain their interest to invest in real estate again?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum Iftikhar. Are you asking that question in relation to any particular country or geographic area?

The real estate market in Ireland has collapsed in recent years. There is very little interest in buying property and as a result prices have plummeted.

3. JPStonestreet

JPStonestreet
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In addition to the geographic area mentioned by Fergal, the type of real estate is also important. Are you referring to residential, commercial or a REIT (real estate investment trust)?

In Denver, the value of residential properties has started to increase in desirable locations. We have so many people who are upside down on the mortgage that they aren't listing their homes for sale, which has resulted in a shortage of supply. Meanwhile historically low interest rates have increased demand, which is a recipe for price increases. I've also noticed a substantial increase in the price of investment properties (bank owned and foreclosed) so if you're looking to buy and hold or fix and flip, you may have trouble finding good deals. Of course, this varies greatly by geographic location, even inside the US.

I've read in several places that the experts aren't sure if we've hit the bottom yet in real estate. If you have money to lose and want to take a risk for potentially profitable returns, it might be a good time to buy, but it's still risky.

• Like Like x 1
  4. rjd1265

rjd1265
    uix_expand uix_collapse

as a former Real Estate Broker for over 9 years I can tell you real estate is always a good investment. Problem is during the craze people bought high and sold low losing thousands of dollars or entering into foreclosure.

I bought 5 homes during the "buyers" market..the high times. But I did it smartly. I have sold 4 of those homes already for a hefty 38% ROI when everyone else was losing money.

THey key is to get your emotions involved. I seen to many couples see a house they loved and got into a bidding war and ended up paying $30,000+ more than asking price to get it. That is just stupid! So right off the bat you are 30 grand in the whole before you even moved in. and you wonder why foreclosures are the highest ever.

I actually was on a board where we tried to pass a law that you had to take a class on buying real estate, the process, bidding wars and what it meant to pay too much for a house. It has not gone through yet but the President of Natl Association of Realtors predicted had this class been in efffect during the craze foreclosures would have decresed by about 15%.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Congratulations on your real estate success rjd1265. What country are you based in?

6. kundansingh

kundansingh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

by showing that there is a good profit , thats way investor will be attracted:):)

7. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In my own expectation, the interest of people might not change yet. Not unless they see a big improvement and not just a stabilizing market. Moreover, investing in real estate as soon as the market sees to be going back to its favor is yet risky. What you can do is to first analyze the market's recuperation period, study the trends from different housing markets, from those that continue to downfall and those who had some positive changes.

8. Iftikhar Anjum

Iftikhar Anjum
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you for your participation. Real estate business has now a good come back in the market but hesitation is still there. Since the downfall of the global market hit the worth of real estate business people loose their trust on it. But situation remains not same always. Real estate sector is now ready to welcome every investor from all over the world. All that people need to gain trust again and it is possible only in one way and that is to step forward and utilize the opportunities available in residential, commercial and rental properties.

9. Felix07Richerd

Felix07Richerd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree ! in canada the real estate industry is recovering the market, very soon people take interest to buy-sell, invest in real estate. but there are many European countries market has very down.