How Should I Be Paid?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by joepdws, May 2, 2014.

1. joepdws

joepdws
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Members, I am in a crisis. I need some advice on whether or not it is a good idea and reasonable to use my labor as equity in an investment. I was responsible for the planning and construction of a vessel that will be used for making money essentially. I have paid forward towards the construction out of pocket, as well as my labor in planning and construction. We have agreed on a value per hour for my labor that was put towards the vessel however, we are disagreeing on the idea of the value of my labor being put in towards the total cost of investment/development of the vessel. I am believing my labor should be put towards the total cost up front for the development, as it will be grown exponentially on the return. My partner believes this is unfair, and the investment of my labor should be paid out separately out of the final return of investment. He is saying that my labor should not count towards ownership unlike the money we have spent out of pocket for this vessel.
    Can anyone help me please?
    Thank you so much in advance.