How SEO would be some years down the line

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by stevetorres, Jun 27, 2010.

1. stevetorres

stevetorres
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

I am just wondering about the future of SEO. How would the SEO scenario be some years down the line? Especially since they are considering Personalized Search now. How would this impact the future of search engine optimization? I am assuming that backlinks would still be considered important. Ditto for Page Rank! I guess SEO consultants would have to devise new ways to handle Personalized Search. SEO experts can easily manipulate search engine rankings. However, as far as Personalized Search is concerned, it would all boil down to what users want. What do you guys have to say about it?

2. Vekseid

Vekseid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google is obviously working really hard at learning how to catch automated site developments that people are using for fake empire strategies. I have a suspicion that that's going to set off a cascade effect.

There are already some regional SEO 'experts' popping up. We'll see how far that goes, I don't have a whole lot that's locally targeted any more so it's hard for me to say.

3. venumssi

venumssi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

All SEO Experts must really thank Google.

4. larryfinch

larryfinch
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google used to think if you linked to someone on the Internet they must have valuable content. Now Google seems to believe that if you promote content with social media it is more indicative of relevant content and less likely to be faked. Though many point out social can be faked as well.

5. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEO is going complicated as the Google Algo going, waiting for the right turn.