HOW: Relocating countries due to better market demand for niche elsewhere

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by RIYADHALAWAMI, Mar 17, 2012.

1. RIYADHALAWAMI

RIYADHALAWAMI
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good day to all,

I am considering moving my current enterprise from the UK to Scandinavia due to perceiving a better market demand there for the cultural items and textiles that I offer.

What precautions should I take?
    What should I plan before I move?
    What other relevant considerations should I make?

All contributions, links and referrals are very welcome.

Regards,

Riyadh.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Have you got a premises in the UK Riyadh? Why do you plan on moving the business, would it not be possible for you to expand your business to serve both the UK and Scandinavia?

3. RIYADHALAWAMI

RIYADHALAWAMI
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, I can expand to both countries.
    By 'moving' I mean physically shifting positions -- I will be personally going as I perceive a larger increase in physical and 'virtual' customers. Some stock (although less) will be kept in the UK for online orders and its delivery can be taken care off by business connections in the UK.

In order to be sure, do you know of the best risk-free way to confirm market receptivity in Scandinavia?

I appreciate your willingness to give advice as always. :)

Kind Regards,
    Riyadh.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Riyadh unfortunately I'm not personally familiar with Scandinavian markets, perhaps one of our other members is. You should probably do a business plan for the option of locating there, is that something you feel would help?

5. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Moving and relocating to a new business requires specific time and effort. First, you have to research on possible requirements and trending change of markets in the specific location that you want to relocate your business to. Second, knowing the government policies, etc when it comes to such business also is what you need to know. Taxes, and other government fees that you have to consider, as well as a very good reason enough for you to really move out on a new location.

Licensing your business in a new area may be a relevant factor, plus an solid plan on your market, market target, market product price, etc. will all decide on how you will plan.
    What you can do first and foremost is to study well the new market that you are heading into, about a year probably and take note of market price and value changes, etc.