How one can start a business if he/she does not have any finance?

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by Cathy Duncan, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Cathy Duncan

Cathy Duncan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i have to ask question I don’t have any finance, but I want to have my own business. I am computer professional and also a hard worker.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Hi Cathy, lots of people have started successful businesses without having any start up finance and you can too. For example, as a computer professional you could start a computer maintenance and repair business. Your initial promotion and marketing costs could be kept to a minimum by advertising locally and online in places where you can post free ads. You could also tell your friends, contacts and acquaintances about the services you provide and ask them to recommend you to anyone that could use your help.

Is there any particular type of business that you would like to start?

3. neha.lemon

neha.lemon
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Cathy !

Now days lots of companies who help in terms of finance & investment. Lemon Capital is one them. If you want to get help in terms of investment, you can go through private equity and venture capital.

Lemon Capital - A Private equity helps businesss in raising finance for growth capital, acquisitions, mergers and financing a management buy out. Our funding can come from a variety of sources and this independence gives our clients the right choice in financing. Whilst we have minimum requirements (as set out below) for our growth capital products, we are keen to hear from any company currently seeking private equity investment or private equity capital.

4. adams

adams
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah for starting the business finance is not important even though so many people of lots of finance to invest they cant handle the business. Business is all depends upon your skills and brain. Even though if you dont have finance you can start business in the partnership or else you can borrow it from your friends and can start your own business.

5. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You could also build a website or blog to raise your online profile. Registering your own domain name won't cost much (about $12 a year in the US) and hosting you can get for under ten bucks a month. Wordpress is free to download and easy to use. There's other open source options like Joomla or Drupal too.

6. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What kind of things do you usually do in front of the computer?
    Do you like writing? If yes, you could be an article writer. There are lots of people willing to pay for good written articles that they can put into their sites.
    You could earn as much as $1-$10 per article depending on the length and topic.

7. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can actually start up a company with low cost especially on IT line.
    As you mentioned that you are computer professional, you can actually set up a company to supply computer related service. Register a company and the place you living can be your office.

8. blackhawk12

blackhawk12
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Cathy,
    I want to give more ideas to remember and implement when starting a new Business.
    You can certainly grow your business in hopes of adding more operations down the road and you can buy new businesses with the intent of growing them organically. And the main points:
    1. Basic benefits and Costs
    2. Know your Business First (which suits you)
    3. Developing a Business Growth Strategy
    4. Know your Industry and Market

9. navast2010

navast2010
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think it is a little difficult to start business if you have no finance, money is not everything, but it is very important, I advise that you should collect some money to start business, maybe you will be relaxed.

10. blackhawk12

blackhawk12
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with you. As per present generation, without money we cant survey and Business itself says The Finance.
    Before starting any business Finance is the most important thing and based on the Finance (Money), we can plan our business in a growing way to reach the destination.

11. brata

brata
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You could exhaust as many free methods as you can possibly think of - cold calling, knocking door to door. Then maybe some very very inexpensive methods - photocopying and handing out flyers, printing business cards to hand to other potential clients, attending networking events of the market you are trying to target.

If you do gain any clientel, then use the money you make to promote further.

12. skizzy

skizzy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

you can go for equity or meet your family to help you raise funds so when you making money you will return the money back to them. i won't advise you to go for loan. if you can repair computers you can just print business cards also tell your friends and people you know about it so by the time you start making money you need to save it in other to fund your business. you just nedd to start from small. i hope it helps??

13. whikis

whikis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Cath,
    What you read about these comments are way to true...........I had the most best busienss Idea but I was lost in the world of internet trying to search customers or backers.
    I know this might be stupid, but if you have a business idea, make ure the passion come with it.
    I do advertising world wide, I started with only idea and contacted a few companies who love to work with me but without investing.......FixOn Solutions helped me out with the prductsand finding customers.
    Just make sure you know what you talk, have geat passion with the idea and workhard without giving up

I would say also Facebook and Twitter and myspace work very well for marketing, but choose wise with Forums

#13 whikis, Oct 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2010
  14. Jahan Choudhry

Jahan Choudhry
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There isn't much I can add to the excellent suggestions and advice given by everyone here but just to reiterate:

1. Finance does not have to be an obstruction as capital can be borrowed.

2. Overheads/costs can be kept to a minimum by using cheap options such as blogs to promote your business, social media marketing (though be careful facebook, twitter are very tough on what they view as "spam", only one person has to report you as spam and you can be in trouble).

3. Another option is to initially fix a lot of peoples PCs for free to gather a client base and develope a relationship with customers, who will then refer you to others.

4. Also go to your local library, or other social or public centres where you can advertise for free or virtually free.

5. Be confident, positive, research and network and with persistence you will succeed.

Good luck!

15. madvk308

madvk308
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Some interesting points here.

Best advice I can offer is use your skill set, as someone above pointed out. Work weekends, after work, evenings until you can get some capital behind you.

Also mix with other like minded people and the possibility of partnership could also be an option.

16. yulin236

yulin236
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Cathy, there are two methods:
    1. Request some loans from bank if you do have good plan on a project;
    2. Start an online business to sell virtual products which don't need much cost, or become an affiliate.

Good luck

17. Justin

Justin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are numerous ways and it really depends on what kind of business you want to start. Before you can start a business you need to brainstorm what kind of business you would like to run. Then you need to work on a basic plan and then just Focus on it.

Bootstrapping is a popular way to start businesses whch basically means starting with little to no money. Look at Facebook! The original site was just a website done by a couple of guys from their dorm room! The internet today is a great leveling field as people can start businesses up from anywhere with a great website and compete with anyone!

18. James00

James00
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can take loan from bank or from private agency as there are so many private agencies.

19. fashionhandbagsl

fashionhandbagsl
    uix_expand uix_collapse

work for the other people to save money, then work for yourself.

20. Hovis

Hovis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are so many ways that you can start making money with a website or blog. The most this will cost you is around $10-15 each month to start with. There's loads of free information if you're prepared to sign up to people's Newsletters and be strong about not purchasing their products. There's also plenty of free information on Youtube.