How my website ranking is related to the traffic of a website?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Avni Shergill, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Avni Shergill

Avni Shergill
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I want to improve the ranking of my website, one of my friend told me to increase the number of backlinks to boost the ranking. But I don't think traffic of a website can help to increase the ranking.

So I want to ask experts, is there any relation between the traffic and ranking of a website? Do a huge number of backlinks can help me improve the ranking?

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

No, simply getting a huge number of backlinks will not help. Your backlinks need to come from a variety of sources, and you cannot simply create them. You will naturally have some backlinks from directories, forum posts and blog comments, but none of these activities should be done on a regular basis for the purpose of obtaining links, nor should you concentrate on them for this purpose. What you should be doing is participating in discussions on networking sites, creating some discussions of your own, writing articles and distributing them on reputable article syndication sites, etc. As far as traffic, more traffic could mean more links, as your visitors may share a link to your site if they believe their connections would be interested in it.

3. Avni Shergill

Avni Shergill
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for your suggestion.

4. samuel0785

samuel0785
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, If your website ranks well on search engine, then your website will get traffic from the search engine. That is organic traffic.However, there are some other sources of traffic, which does not depend on search engine ranking like PPC(paid traffic), Social media websites, email marketing, blog referral traffic and more.

5. alexfernandes

alexfernandes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes of course but only quality backlinks can improve your keywords ranking. If you are in top of SERPs, then there are bright chances of web searchers visiting your website and so keyword positions plays a vital role in driving traffic.

6. carldweb

carldweb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Back links & traffic both are related to each other. You would get traffic buy doesn't mean that your ranking get improve. But if your keywords are ranking on desired position & from that ways you are getting traffic then this will be effective for you. That thing would be decrease your bounce rate also & get exact traffic.

7. ellisthomas86

ellisthomas86
    uix_expand uix_collapse

its not the huge number of backlinks that would increase the ranking. Neither the traffic would boost up the ranking. But a natural way of link building along with the backlinks from various sources will boost the ranking. The more popular a web link would be, the more accessibility will be there for that particular page, the more boost will it get in terms of the ranking. Go its quite advisable for the webmasters to go in a natural way to boost the ranking and strategically the good would be the rank, the more would be the traffic.

8. nadablue

nadablue
    uix_expand uix_collapse

According to me huge number of backlinks will not help to increase your website traffic and keyword ranking. you need to use the quality content post high page rank submission and related website post. there are many way of increase your keyword ranking but the best way are post your Article submission, Blog Posting, Press Release, Yahoo Answers and Forum Posting, all these strategies have use the quality content post and high page rank website post. And SMO help to increase your website traffic. we promote our business information and product on these website for the users to review and known to our product. SMO is the best way of creating the business reputation online. you may sell your product and attract customer directly to your business for selling improvement.
    Facebook, G+ , twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, Linkedin, My space, Hi5, Reddit, Digg is the best place of SMO working.